Unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chief11ac,

I respect you as a surgeon as I know the sacrifices that you have made to achieve this profession. Your's is a very demanding, precise, intensive field. However, I would never agree that a surgeon is worth more than a professional pilot. Why, you may ask?

Captain Al Haynes
United 232
Sioux City, Iowa

296 people descending to their death. 184 survivors, ALL because of the expertice and professionalism of Capt. Haynes.

Let's cut right through it.

We are all whores in this business. Whe look to the unions to make our trick pay as much as possible. They are our pimp. You can polish it any way you want. If it weren't for the necessary evil of the unions we would me making no more than truck drivers and have about he same schedules.

Let's try to get this thread back on topic. If you wish to debate job preparation and such, then just start a new thread.
Ifly4food

chief11ac,

I agree with you 100%. Being an airline pilot is IMHO the best job in the world and it carries an awful lot of responsibility but the path to get here pales in comparison to being a surgeon. It took 5 months of training, 1 crappy paying job, $20K in debt and 3 1/2 years to put me in the right seat of a 121 jet. I could have been here 2 years sooner but I chose to take a better paying job for a couple of years to pay off my flight training debts. So here I am 5 years to the week from when I started this journey and my education debts are paid and I have a little over a year of seniority with my airline. If I were a medical student I would just be starting my 2nd semester of med school. I also don't have to spend 1/3 of my gross income for malpractice insurance. ATP and a surgeon at 33? Well done, sir. Well done indeed.

Latest resources

Back