• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Uncle Rico and D-0/ Auto-board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got verification today. we dont board at 25, like i thought sh said. the 55 is when the release is printed, not when we have to be there. we board as normal, just have to be ready at 25. there is no time we have to be there, just ready in time. i think that is actually better.

and we are supposed to get the paperwork from the gate before we go to the plane to keep them from coming to us and asking if we are ready to board.

got verification today. we dont board at 25, like i thought sh said. the 55 is when the release is printed, not when we have to be there. we board as normal, just have to be ready at 25. there is no time we have to be there, just ready in time. i think that is actually better.

and we are supposed to get the paperwork from the gate before we go to the plane to keep them from coming to us and asking if we are ready to board.

Exactly! You will need to be at the plane before boarding, not 55 prior. As long as you don't cause a delay in boarding because the airplane isn't ready, then you can show up whenever you feel comfortable.

All the rest of you, you guys need to read better. :) I thought the chart was pretty obvious... the areas in between the times are just that, in this case somewhere between 55 prior and 25 prior.

Serious question...how can they make an arbitrary decision that you have to come to work earlier? Doesn't your contract spell that out? Seems like you should get paid block time to make up the difference.

It wasn't an arbitrary decision, nothing was changed. The contractual report time is still 60 minutes prior in hubs and 45 minutes in outstations. Last time the report time changed (from 45 in hubs to 60) the company and union had to agree on a letter of agreement modifying the contract, and the pilots got a raise as a result.

I agree, I just looked at the memo. It's the exact same as our old timeline except now we get the paper work 8 min. prior and the door closes 3 min. prior. Nothing else has changed, including the automatic boarding 25 min. prior. It's not new. It's the same piece of sheet with a new paint job (he used much more colors on his timeline compared to the old one). It will do absolutely nothing to improve the problem. I did notice one big change though, I see that we are now suppose to board immediately after the last passenger gets off on late inbounds and quickturns. That should solve the problem of having to wait 30 min. for cleaning.

I did notice one big change though, I see that we are now suppose to board immediately after the last passenger gets off on late inbounds and quickturns. That should solve the problem of having to wait 30 min. for cleaning.

"The company shall recognize crew nutritional needs during duty periods involving flight operations".

It wasn't an arbitrary decision, nothing was changed. The contractual report time is still 60 minutes prior in hubs and 45 minutes in outstations. Last time the report time changed (from 45 in hubs to 60) the company and union had to agree on a letter of agreement modifying the contract, and the pilots got a raise as a result.

Well actually, that was LOA 29. In exchange for the CR7 pay rate, ALPA gave them a concession of a 1 hour show time. And everybody else got a whopping 0.05% (that's half a percent) raise to make up for it. Glad we didn't spend it all in one place!!!!

How the heck am I supposed to make it to the plane in 2 minutes? Doesn't Brad know how hard it is to run in Doc Martens while wearing a ski jacket with a backpack on? Geez Louise!!!!

08M: Crew Late Checklist.

Why...we shall ride Uncle Rico's mustache like a magic carpet, my dear fellow! For we are living in the magical cupcake and gumdrop land of make-believe! disclaimer: This reply makes about as much sense as blaming the crew for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositionandHold
I love it when we get the Cargo Load Report 5 minutes after departure time.

Crew delay! Late completion of checklist!

This would be funny if it wasn't so true. Had this exact situation (twice) on the first flight from the overnight this week.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back