Uncle Rico and D-0/ Auto-board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFI2766

Soooo, looks like we will now be required to be at the airplane at 55 minutes prior to departure. Thus, 55 minutes of unpaid time now before each flight as opposed to 45.

That being said, I really don't mind, IF the net result is progress. We are a scheduled airline, we should be able to get flights to leave when they are scheduled.

However, I think that we could be at the airplane 2 hours early and still not have any affect on departure times: the flight crew is not the weak link in this equation. Now, with even less control over the ramp operation, I suspect that there isn't really anything that ASA management can do to make the situation better.

I'm probably a bit optimistic here, but I really hope that this new 'initiative' amounts to something more than trying to re-arrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

As a flight crew member I hate to say this... But occasionally we cause a delay by getting to the aircraft late.

This new guy is a stickler for professionalism... Uniforms, ipods, be at the plane on time. I'm sure he brings this vigor to the rest of the operation which would indicate some improvement.

Note: ATR captain reserve. Month to date: 0 Block.

In over 5 years here I have never been late out of an out station because the crew got there 45 min before departure. Maybe the van was late or something along those line, but not if the crew was there 45 min prior.

Duty in 60 min prior.
Check mailbox 59 min prior
Take a look at wx 58 min prior
Find flight kit 57 min prior
Run from C to airplane in 2 min.

Yeah, this is a great idea.

And by the way, what's the delay code for "had to take a leak at the outstation"?

Last edited:
So you have never done the NAP classic... sometimes 5 am show classic of... Show time 5:00... "we'll take a 4:55 van"

Chug through security, run on the plane, tell the gate agent "we're ready"... Then whoops we still need fuel. Not a probelm if you are at the plane on time.

Duty in 60 min prior.
Check mailbox 59 min prior
Take a look at wx 58 min prior
Find flight kit 57 min prior
Run from C to airplane in 2 min.
How the heck am I supposed to make it to the plane in 2 minutes? Doesn't Brad know how hard it is to run in Doc Martens while wearing a ski jacket with a backpack on? Geez Louise!!!!

And by the way, what's the delay code for "had to take a leak at the outstation"?

08M: Crew Late Checklist.

Last edited:
i think we are reading it wrong, it doesnt say be there 55, the release is 55. boarding is 25 and all the other stuff falls in between. i think sh told a recurrent class he doesnt care when you are on as long as you are ready to board as 25.

We'll be ready, but everyone else required to do their jobs won't be. Until DAL gets it's rampers under control the radio chatter will just go from bugging ops to get some service to calling ops to hold boarding until everyone decides to do their jobs.

Latest resources

Back