• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Update: I got my certified letter today notifying me of my recall, effective 3 April.
Thanks, Andy, for the gouge. With 4 year pay at about $76, maybe I'll look for other employment with my TS/SCI-SBI.

Huggyu2 said:
Update: I got my certified letter today notifying me of my recall, effective 3 April.
Thanks, Andy, for the gouge. With 4 year pay at about $76, maybe I'll look for other employment with my TS/SCI-SBI.

Seiously dude. that clearance is worth decent bux in the DC area. I can shoot you a few links if interested.

Huggyu2 said:

Cool. What's your sen. number?

Welcome Back Guys!

Andy,

You are the man! You gave great advice back in the hiring days that was way beneficial to all of us. Now you're continuing your dedication once again. You've got my vote for MEC Chair one day when we're all back on the line!!

S

C5Guy,
Thanks. Glad that my posts are of some help.
We're fortunate in that we've got a great MEC chair right now. Not perfect for everyone, but the current MEC does the best job of walking the tightrope that I've seen to date at UAL.

Anyone have more info on this?

Captain Frank Cheeseman, Chairman of the MEC Training Committee, reported on the activities of his committee during the past several months. Topics included the PIC-Type rating program for First Officers on the 737 and A320. Turn-on of this program is planned for mid-2006. In addition, a review of United's command courses is underway to include "Flying The Line" and "Command Seminar."

Does this mean that they will begin giving Type rides to FO's? Will this be an optional thing that the pilot decides on or will this be required? Anyone heard of this, or have any more info? Sounds like a great idea!

Anyone know firsthand if people have been getting calls from classes after 01/10/00? I was only 30 some numbers away and thought for sure I would have had a call by now--Hopefully there will be a second class in April.

I just wanted to say congratulations to everyone at united that are getting recalled. I dont work for united but my parents were both cabin cleaners and i have close to 10 family members who worked or are presently working there. My family members did not have the most glamourous job but it did provide a scholarship for myself through united and for that i am grateful. Once again, best of luck to all of you.

Latest resources

Back