Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Andy

12/13/2012
This is mostly aimed at UAL furloughees accepting jobs at CAL but I'm sure that CAL ex-furloughees will be happy to get on board my idea to get furlough credit for pay and benefits. Benefits will become much more important to us once we hit year 4 (I'm already there).
I posted this on APC but wanted to post it here; hopefully the idea can be refined and spread to all UAL furloughees. Here's the excerpt (link below):

Now, let's step back another ten paces. UAL furloughees hired at CAL will not be on probation - including those who were on probation when furloughed from UAL. That means that they can vote in ALPA from day one. I propose that we make it very clear to ALPA that unless there is full restoration of furloughee longevity for pay AND benefits (benefits are more important to me than pay, as I'm on year 4), your vote will be NO.
With that in mind, I would encourage any UAL furloughee on the fence to accept a job a CAL.

SP and all UAL furloughees, we UAL furloughees can have some control over getting credit for furlough time. I think that we have a golden opportunity here to get furlough credit.
I don't know where CALALPA sits on furloughee longevity but from what I've read, they're a he11uva lot more loyal to their junior pilots. And since there are more than a few CAL ex-furloughees, I'm sure that we could reach critical mass very quickly.

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/c...-ual-flying-not-new-flying-4.html#post1067810

If we want furlough credit, the JCBA is THE place to do that. The JCBA won't be done for quite a while so we should have a decent number of UAL furloughees on CAL property by the time it comes to a vote.
I would further suggest that we push for longevity restoration to be based on date of hire, NOT from start of IOE.
Please refine and pass this on to other furloughees.

Latest resources

Back