Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
32LT10 said:
AMD,

I think they are about all the way through the furlough list and as they move back up the list it will force the guys that bypassed to either return or resign.

Almost but not quite just yet. They have to go about another 700 before getting to the bottom. I'd bet they hit the last guy by no later than the end of winter. If nothing changes that is.

Got the letter today for the October 16 class. I'll be on military leave. Can someone tell me if I can have an equipment bid placed for me while I'm on ML? And, am I correct that I am not frozen in my seat until I start training, i.e. I won't be stuck in the 737/320 and will have the possibility to accept a 757/767 bid while on ML?

Hyflyt
May 22, 2000

hyflyt560 said:
Got the letter today for the October 16 class. I'll be on military leave. Can someone tell me if I can have an equipment bid placed for me while I'm on ML? And, am I correct that I am not frozen in my seat until I start training, i.e. I won't be stuck in the 737/320 and will have the possibility to accept a 757/767 bid while on ML?

Hyflyt
May 22, 2000

I wish I knew the answer. Some of the guys that are returning could probably answer that for you. I believe that you would be able to bid something else if you accept recall but go on ML immediately. From what I understand the freeze is determined by the number of training days. If you are eligible for a short course they don't give you a freeze. If not then you are frozen.

Congrats on the recall and welcome back when you decide the time is right.

32LT10 said:
AMD,

I heard recently that if age 65 does not happen we could be hiring by the end of next year. With the deficit of pilots we currently have it might be a bit sooner for hiring. I think they are about all the way through the furlough list and as they move back up the list it will force the guys that bypassed to either return or resign.

While in the past we hired into all airplanes from the 767 down I suspect that any new hires will go to either the A320 or B737.

I hope we start hiring soon and best of luck if you decide to join us here at UAL.

Thanks for the info I am not in a hurry...got to get the PIC jet time up menawhile. Thank you very much again and good luck to all of you

Guppydriver said:
HyFly, what is your seniority number/hire date?

awaiting the call,

Guppy

Skynet Lite shows the updated recall info as of 7-31-2006 with the most junior person to recieve recall as Sen. #7983 and a DOH of 6-11-2000. I believe that's around 133 letters that went out for a the October recall class of 30. Looks like the end of the list is going to go fast. Won't be long!

Acroflyr

hyflyt,
Contact Bob Neil. He can answer all those questions for you. Do a people search on SkyNet Lite for Robert Neil to get his number at WHQ, or PM me and I'll get it to you.
Hog

Batplane said:
Does anyone know if the October class is the last one this year?

To reach the extra 125 number they announced a little over a month ago, they'd have to recall another 60 after October.

acroflyr said:
Skynet Lite shows the updated recall info as of 7-31-2006 with the most junior person to recieve recall as Sen. #7983 and a DOH of 6-11-2000. I believe that's around 133 letters that went out for a the October recall class of 30. Looks like the end of the list is going to go fast. Won't be long!

Acroflyr

HOLY SHNIKES! I went from 200 to go to 20 to go in less than a week. (6-18-00 hire). They're burning through the list even quicker than I expected.

Looks like I'll be taking mil leave (plan on using all six years available under USERRA) and getting pass priveleges back sooner than I thought. :beer:

For those keeping score, the most junior number on UAL's seniority list is 8655. It'll be interesting to see how fast they burn through the seniority list the second time around.

As far as the 125 recalled number, that won't even keep up with retirements for the second half of the year. I estimate that UAL will need 600 pilots back on property before next summer starting with the August classes in order to avoid another manning shortage debacle.

I would expect United to fire up the new hire department and accept pilot applications sometime in 2007.

Latest resources

Back