U.S. government, two airlines say open to settling merger fight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the article-

"For example, on the Charlotte-Dallas city pair, the post-merger HHI will increase by 4,648 to 9,319 (out of 10,000)."

Talk about cherry picking the data!?!?!

Hey .gov retards, this is a route that would change from US hub to AA hub to becoming an inter airline hub! What do you suppose the CLT-PHL market looks like right now? CLT-PHX?

Morally and intellectually bankrupt vermin at teh Dept. Of InJustice.

From the article-

"For example, on the Charlotte-Dallas city pair, the post-merger HHI will increase by 4,648 to 9,319 (out of 10,000)."

Talk about cherry picking the data!?!?!

Hey .gov retards, this is a route that would change from US hub to AA hub to becoming an inter airline hub! What do you suppose the CLT-PHL market looks like right now? CLT-PHX?

Morally and intellectually bankrupt vermin at teh Dept. Of InJustice.

Haha, I know.

The DOJ apparently is unaware of the effect of internet ticket distribution has had on competitiveness in the airline industry. Airline seats are commodities, like milk. The DOJ is making all this noise so that the traveling public can still choose the color of the cap on the top of the milk jug. They do nothing about the cheesy lumps that come out when you pour.

Uh oh Michigan has joined the lawsuit. Maybe they're trying to take people's attention away from that cesspool known as Detroit.

Uh oh Michigan has joined the lawsuit. Maybe they're trying to take people's attention away from that cesspool known as Detroit.

That's a good call Dolla...

Probably trying to get PAID to cover Detoilet!! What a dump.

The DOJ apparently is unaware of the effect of internet ticket distribution has had on competitiveness in the airline industry. Airline seats are commodities, like milk. The DOJ is making all this noise so that the traveling public can still choose the color of the cap on the top of the milk jug. They do nothing about the cheesy lumps that come out when you pour.

Yea they're making all this noise so the public isn't stuck with the sour milk known as American

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMHO this has something to do with DCA slots. And somewhere there is an airline with strong Washington ties that is pulling some strings to get what it wants.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but IMHO this has something to do with DCA slots. And somewhere there is an airline with strong Washington ties that is pulling some strings to get what it wants.

I think you're right. DOJ is hoping the AA/US figure out which airline it wants to see benefit before they actually have to go to a courtroom.

somewhere there is an airline with strong Washington ties that is pulling some strings to get what it wants.

It must be Southwest, they can have the slots in DC and offer lower cost tickets to the public ;-)

SW have strong ties everywhere.

Plus, they might even get the Phoenix operation as a bonus

^^^^^I am curious why people assume that PHX is on the chopping block? I get that it is not the greatest idea to launch Asia/Europe flights from, but what else. Is US Airways going to close PHX if the merger goes through and not replace the flying? The way I see it, LAX is maxed out for flying as it is. So are they going to use DFW....another city could not support the total flying lost with a PHX closing. I can see a draw down, but shut down. They will cut routes that compete but are not profitable. So if PHX to wherever is better than LAX to wherever, why cut the PHX. Ever been to PHX at 900pm. It is like ORD. Tons of flights, tons of PAX. LAX can not fully support the West Coast and Mexico flying Phoenix does. Neither can DFW. So why do a lot of people think PHX is the most likely to get axed. Last I checked, US Airways competes well against SWA there. So you would not want a SWA "monopoly" there right.....just would like to know why people think PHX is so useless to the newAA.

Latest resources

Back