TWA Lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bump....

Anyone have any updates/impressions of the status of the lawsuit? When will closing arguments be presented? Thanks,

I hope someone slams ALPA. Mesaba's union reps are lap dogs to national-they would barely admit that a bunch of us were slammed on our seniority but never once admitted that we were treated unfairly-even though many of my group in Mesaba got 2:1 or even 3:1 on our seniority. But hey as they said....as long as the Senior mesaba pilots got a good deal.....WTF! If you were hired between 2001 and 2004/5 you got the serious shaft-I wish I could join you TWA people in your fight against ALPA

BTW-I directly hold ALPA national responsible for not having in place a fair and defined merger policy.....HOW THE F%^K CAN YOU ALLOW BLOCK TO PUT GUYS WITH HALF MY LONGEVITY BE SENIOR TO ME??????? stab me in the back.....NEVER TRUST ALPA>>>>>I say this knowing I think I know some good people at our local level....they try to fight the good fight but still drink the ALPA cool aid too much

I hope someone slams ALPA. Mesaba's union reps are lap dogs to national-they would barely admit that a bunch of us were slammed on our seniority but never once admitted that we were treated unfairly-even though many of my group in Mesaba got 2:1 or even 3:1 on our seniority. But hey as they said....as long as the Senior mesaba pilots got a good deal.....WTF! If you were hired between 2001 and 2004/5 you got the serious shaft-I wish I could join you TWA people in your fight against ALPA

BTW-I directly hold ALPA national responsible for not having in place a fair and defined merger policy.....HOW THE F%^K CAN YOU ALLOW BLOCK TO PUT GUYS WITH HALF MY LONGEVITY BE SENIOR TO ME??????? stab me in the back.....NEVER TRUST ALPA>>>>>I say this knowing I think I know some good people at our local level....they try to fight the good fight but still drink the ALPA cool aid too much
Maybe you should give up on your Hawaiian desires than as most of us here are stand firmly behind ALPA.

I have been stabbed in the back by ALPA-I am not saying there are not good people that work for the local MEC-all I am saying is that I have learned not to trust ALPA-if you lost as much seniority as I have, you would understand. ALPA is wrong in the matter that it does not have a system in place to cover mergers. Mr Bloch handed a decision over that effectively prevents me from staying at Mesaba if I wanted to. ALL the 2001-2004 hires at mesaba know we were handed an unfair deal. SO what you are saying is that I should go on trusting an organization that effectively took half my seniority and have it to much junior pilots at another airline?

I have desires to work at good airlines that have good people. I am and have actively volunteered for ALPA supporting our pilot group. Yes I am disappointed in ALPA and think the organization needs to be held accountable. DO you disagree with this Jim? Do you think I should still trust ALPA after going from the high 300's in seniority to the mid 1200's after they merger our lists? That I should trust them after losing over 7% seniority while many gained 5-10% in relative seniority and bidding power? That my current union leadership with national members in attendance used questionable methods to come up with seniority percentages arguing against those of us who lost the most-saying that it was for the greater good (leaving out the fact that they greatly increased their own personal gains in relative seniority).

I like how you are quick to judge a mans character and push him away from a good airline (everything I have heard) when you do not know or just ignore the reasons why he has the opinions he has. I served in the Army for 14 years, am a disabled veteran, former officer, and a good husband, father and friend. I am so glad to know that there are guys like you at Hawaiian that want to push guys like me away from Hawaiian. I take offense at your comment and will not judge HAwaiian pilots solely on your ignorance. By the way I will continue to volunteer for ALPA when time permits-being that our second child was just born and I am still picking up trips to go down to 8 days off as my wife is not back to work and will be going back to school at the end of summer. Thanks .......

HOW THE F%^K CAN YOU ALLOW BLOCK TO PUT GUYS WITH HALF MY LONGEVITY BE SENIOR TO ME???????

You seem to have the same mental block as USAirways East pilots. Hate to break it to you, but longevity does not equal seniority.

You seem to have the same mental block as USAirways East pilots. Hate to break it to you, but longevity does not equal seniority.

So, how does Valujet determine your seniority if not by your longevity? How was your list put together if not by longevity. Every other union in this world assigns seniority by your DOH. Just the PFT generation sees it different.

M

Last edited:
well after re reading my original post it was kind of harsh. But in my defense, I am still pretty bitter about what happened. No amount of icing can make my situation any better. So eventually I will leave Mesaba and it will be most likely to another ALPA carrier. I will support that local union as I do mine now but I will learn from my past and always keep an eye out for another screwing and try and stop it.

sen·ior·i·ty

   http://app.dictionary.com/signup/po...lbackAction=addToFav&domaindest=reference.com/sinˈyɔr
thinsp.png
ɪ
thinsp.png
ti,
-ˈyɒr-/ Show Spelled[seen-yawr-i-tee, -yor-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties for 2. 1. the state of being senior; priority of birth; superior age.

2. priority, precedence, or status obtained as the result of a person's length of service, as in a profession, trade, company, or union: First choice of vacation time will be given to employees with seniority.

#mid1{border-top:solid 1px #B5C5DD;border-bottom:solid 1px #B5C5DD;padding-bottom:8px;padding-top:8px;}.
Trouble is we have allowed ALPA to change this definition in the the merger policy.When i started this was the exact definition that was used.ALPA outsources one of its major responsibilities when it uses arbitrators.

yeah my longevity, my DOH was not respected. The fight for a fair SLI was over before it started since the arbitrator basically did what he did every other time he awarded a decision. Great way to be fair. I was thinking before this started that if I was +/- 2-3% I would be okay and it would be fair. What I was not expecting was a seniority grab by many including the most senior at my company. I am sorry but in a merger or equals (all ALPA) some pilots should not lose 7-10 % and others should not gain what others lost. I am just saying...... Its over-nothing I can do about it-I do not take my bitterness into the flight deck-I do not hold Pinnacle pilots or Colgan pilots responsible-I just know that there has to be better places to be to spend my future. The one thing I do not want to hear is pilots gloating over how they have gained in this deal......which I have heard from a few of my friends..who quickly apologized

Latest resources

Back