TWA 800 Opinion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SlapShot

I just watched the TWA 800 episode of Seconds From Disaster on The National Geographic Channel. I of course have my own opinion of what happened to that airplane. I was just wondering what others thought. It has been 10 years since the accident happened and A LOT of books have been written about it. So what do you people think happened to that airplane on that July night back in 1996?

Exactly what the NTSB said happened.

A better question is: If so many people have claimed to have seen Bigfoot, why hasn't anyone hit one with his/her car?

Malter1 said:
Exactly what the NTSB said happened.

Yep. Clinton couldn't keep a hummer under his desk a secret... I don't know how he could keep this a secret. And if it was an accidental shootdown by the Navy, somebody wouldv'e blabbed already: a self-important junior officer, a disgruntled seaman, an NCO with a guilty conscience... unless you can have 300 sailors all part of a vast cover-up.

Two immutable truths: the more people know about something, the less likely it is to be kept secret, and the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Cheesus Crust, I'm going to go out in the garage and poke my eyes out with a marlinespike, so I don't have to read another TWA 800 conspiracy thread again.

I've told you guys for the last time, Iraq flew a bunch of stealth fighters up to the air lock on the bottom of the plane and took all the people hostage, replacing them with gassed Kurds for the explosion. He's going to demand a ransom as soon as he finds out what his sentence is going to be.

I don't claim to know what happened, but every FE I know says that the story they are giving out is not possible. And one of those FEs wrote the aging aircraft manual. If any one knows the aircraft systems and whats possible, he does.

K-Mart said:
JetBlue and Needleman are responsible.

Martha Stewart and K-Mart are responsible.

Just to follow up on ATRedneck's post, how many NTSB, FAA, and FBI agents would have been in on the cover up. And why would we cover it up? No one ever answers that question. Do you really think people would just stop flying because of this incident. They had no problem stating that Pan Am 103 was a bomb. People continued to fly after that.

Latest resources

Back