• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Turdz in the punchbowl Pt. 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And here we go, you can take the corn off the cob, but not out of the turd...

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=148929

United Strike Vote
My vote is no way. Asking for 50 seaters only scope is simply a pipe dream. Delta is doing very well and they have 76 seaters. We need get over ourselves and allow 70 seaters WITH THE CONDITION that if there is any fleet reduction then the 70 seaters get parked too. We have leverage so we can get some firm language. Anyone who thinks we will get released by the NMB needs to lay off the meds. We are the largest airline in the world. No chance we will ever strike so we need to come back down to earth first. No chance in hell they ever release us with the economy so fragile.

Is anybody now questioning the wisdom of giving EWM a rufie and taking him swimming with a full body wrap of anchor chain?

Simply being realistic nothing more nothing less. If we can get Delta style scope and Delta style wages then why not. The fact is that the chance for mainline to fly 70/76 seat planes has passed us by. The best thing to do is cap scope hard(meaning a net decrease of the regional fleet by adding 1 70 seater for every 2 50 seaters sent to the desert where they belong); get delta wages and move on. As long as they demand 50 seat only scope my strike vote is NO. Sorry you are facing the prospect of a shrinking airline PBR but you will always be welcome here at United. The United/CAL MEC's need to follow Deltas example and quit being unrealistic fools.

Despite your vile hatred of people who disagree with you I wish you no ill will. At least you paid your house off so when SkyWest Inc shrinks to about 300-400 airplanes total you can sit reserve in style and get paid to hardly work at all. You will have plenty of time to come up with more of your unclever take it in the butt jokes that wore out about 5 years ago. You will have plenty of time to come up with some new material when you are sitting reserve because scope has been capped. Since your house is paid off you will be just fine. I am sure you will retort with your usual gay sex jokes because that is about all your intelligence level allows you to spew.

His/it's poor decision making process led him from a decent paying job into a furlough position, I on the other hand evaluated the industry and determined through logic and deduction to remain at SKYW until it makes sense to move on, and I will. The time is now right to be looking, while EWM was fluffing goats, I paid off my house and created the means to be able to move on to the next step without financial hardship.
..... spoken like a true regional lifer. At least he got out. The 2008-2010 recession could not have been foreseen by the average pilot. He moved on, got furloughed, and now back at Continental, being in a better position then anyone at a regional. With the way gas prices are and 50 seaters about to be chopped, the regional airlines will be entering a world of hurt in the next 5 years.

..... spoken like a true regional lifer. At least he got out. The 2008-2010 recession could not have been foreseen by the average pilot. He moved on, got furloughed, and now back at Continental, being in a better position then anyone at a regional. With the way gas prices are and 50 seaters about to be chopped, the regional airlines will be entering a world of hurt in the next 5 years.
All right emptysack,
I will explain a few realities. While EWM was cleaning the chicken farm while on furlough, I was slogging my way through a pay check. If you think his choice was noble or a better choice than mine, realize while he was cleaning chicken guts off the processing room floor for minimum wage, I was making 6 figures for those 4-5 years and my family did not have to worry if the house was going to be taken away. That's right its called responsibility, I could have chased the carrot like EWM did and missed it like he did, but I took the solid choice based on observation and logic. Being on the bottom of any seniority list makes one furlough fodder, I couldn't take the chance, but now that the industry is changing I am more apt to take the chance.So while you sit in your mom's basement typing on the keyboard criticizing others for their choices, look in the mirror, all those Cheetos and Code Red Mt Dew gave you mantittys, but don't worry a few thousand situps and laps around the track will reduce them back to a real chest someday...

..... At least he got out. The 2008-2010 recession could not have been foreseen by the average pilot. He moved on, got furloughed, and now back at Continental, being in a better position then anyone at a regional.

How much is he making a year? How many days off? What did he give up for that? Reserve? Gear b***h for how long? Weekends? holidays? Little league games? Band concerts? Family events?

If you measure success purely by dollar signs or the number of a$$es you can carry, more power to you. But you can't put a price on family time that you will NEVER get back.

Despite a history of furloughs and BKs at all the legacy carriers, and the vague memory of many others, you seem pretty sure of the future.

All right emptysack,
I will explain a few realities. While EWM was cleaning the chicken farm while on furlough, I was slogging my way through a pay check. If you think his choice was noble or a better choice than mine, realize while he was cleaning chicken guts off the processing room floor for minimum wage, I was making 6 figures for those 4-5 years and my family did not have to worry if the house was going to be taken away. That's right its called responsibility, I could have chased the carrot like EWM did and missed it like he did, but I took the solid choice based on observation and logic. Being on the bottom of any seniority list makes one furlough fodder, I couldn't take the chance, but now that the industry is changing I am more apt to take the chance.So while you sit in your mom's basement typing on the keyboard criticizing others for their choices, look in the mirror, all those Cheetos and Code Red Mt Dew gave you mantittys, but don't worry a few thousand situps and laps around the track will reduce them back to a real chest someday...
Calling me an emptysack? Seriously? This coming from a guy who started a thread to publicly smear a pilot.

I was making 6 figures for those 4-5 years and my family did not have to worry if the house was going to be taken away. That's right its called responsibility, I could have chased the carrot like EWM did and missed it like he did, but I took the solid choice based on observation and logic.
What "observation" and "logic" did you have when every single legacy/major was hiring except American? As I stated before, the average pilot could not have seen the economic/financial crisis of 2008-2010.

Being on the bottom of any seniority list makes one furlough fodder, I couldn't take the chance, but now that the industry is changing I am more apt to take the chance.
That is true anytime you move to another airline. And how is the "industry changing" for you? We are one presidential election away from too many unknowns. War with Iran? Closure of the strait of Homurez? Another recession? More job losses/weak economic growth? Oil shooting back to $125-$150/barrel? None of these are knows, and you aren't any safer taking the jump to a major today in 2012 than you were in 2007.

You sound more like a guy who tried to get out in 2006/2007, couldn't get hired anywhere, then once the industry tanked and you saw that you were 'safe' at your regional with your seniority, you give yourself a pat on the back and recognized a nice job for not moving on as somehow prophet-like. I call BS.

How much is he making a year? How many days off? What did he give up for that? Reserve? Gear b***h for how long? Weekends? holidays? Little league games? Band concerts? Family events?

If you measure success purely by dollar signs or the number of a$$es you can carry, more power to you. But you can't put a price on family time that you will NEVER get back.

Despite a history of furloughs and BKs at all the legacy carriers, and the vague memory of many others, you seem pretty sure of the future.
I don't know about the money or days off status for a Continental pilot. And I never said to measure success by dollar signs. But peg a 30 year Skywest career versus a 30 year Continental/United career, I will bet on the UniCal career being more viable in the long run than a regional airline that does contract feed at the mercy of other major airlines (skywest et al).

You are correct that you cannot put a price on family time and you will never get back the time you are away. But then again, no one is forcing you in this industry. Quit, and get a M-F 9-5 job and be home every night with weekends off.

The only thing I'm "sure" of in the future is that Delta Connection regionals are about to get hosed. A lucky few will get 70 more CRJ-900 type aircraft, but many more will get hurt once the 50 seaters are parked. Even Skywest will sell out for a 3-to-1 for CRJ-200 out in favor of a CRJ-900. If this Delta TA passes, the writing is on the wall for all Delta Connection carriers.

Calling me an emptysack? Seriously? This coming from a guy who started a thread to publicly smear a pilot.

What "observation" and "logic" did you have when every single legacy/major was hiring except American? As I stated before, the average pilot could not have seen the economic/financial crisis of 2008-2010.

That is true anytime you move to another airline. And how is the "industry changing" for you? We are one presidential election away from too many unknowns. War with Iran? Closure of the strait of Homurez? Another recession? More job losses/weak economic growth? Oil shooting back to $125-$150/barrel? None of these are knows, and you aren't any safer taking the jump to a major today in 2012 than you were in 2007.

You sound more like a guy who tried to get out in 2006/2007, couldn't get hired anywhere, then once the industry tanked and you saw that you were 'safe' at your regional with your seniority, you give yourself a pat on the back and recognized a nice job for not moving on as somehow prophet-like. I call BS.

Sorry,
It wasn't a smear campaign, it was an intentional effort to bring to light a hypocrite, who needed the light of day shone upon him.
The hiring during the 2000-2010 period was sketchy and fraught with uncertainty. There are multiple guys at SKYW who are on their 2nd furlough, and I personally know one on his 3rd.
Safe?, In this industry? I don't think so, so while you type on your computer from your moms basement(that's safe). Grown ups make grown up decisions, and paying the bills trumps just about everything else. You can call whatever you like, sound, well thought out decisions stand the test of time. Those that know me, will attest that I have had plans to move on from the beginning of my career, and will, when it makes the most sense. The time is coming, so instead of enduring multiple furloughs and unemployment cycles, I made decisions(proven over time) to be correct, for me and my family, if you look at my history here, I have never been a "SKYW is my career" prophet, quite the contrary.

Sorry,
It wasn't a smear campaign, it was an intentional effort to bring to light a hypocrite, who needed the light of day shone upon him.
The hiring during the 2000-2010 period was sketchy and fraught with uncertainty. There are multiple guys at SKYW who are on their 2nd furlough, and I personally know one on his 3rd.
Safe?, In this industry? I don't think so, so while you type on your computer from your moms basement(that's safe). Grown ups make grown up decisions, and paying the bills trumps just about everything else. You can call whatever you like, sound, well thought out decisions stand the test of time. Those that know me, will attest that I have had plans to move on from the beginning of my career, and will, when it makes the most sense. The time is coming, so instead of enduring multiple furloughs and unemployment cycles, I made decisions(proven over time) to be correct, for me and my family, if you look at my history here, I have never been a "SKYW is my career" prophet, quite the contrary.

And that dude will be making twice as much as you in his career even after being furloughed from continental. Enjoy flying that koolaid washed Skywest crj900 which you fly under 50 seat rates.

Latest resources

Back