Turdz in the punchbowl Pt. 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry,
It wasn't a smear campaign, it was an intentional effort to bring to light a hypocrite, who needed the light of day shone upon him.
The hiring during the 2000-2010 period was sketchy and fraught with uncertainty. There are multiple guys at SKYW who are on their 2nd furlough, and I personally know one on his 3rd.
That sucks. But plenty lucked out at Delta in 2006/7, Fedex, JetBlue, Southwest, Airtran, etc.

And it WAS a smear campaign. I don't care how much you loathe and dislike a pilot, even wishing ill upon him. But I would NEVER attempt to call out someone by name who is going to another airline so as to 'out' an individual. Who cares? An anti-ALPA pilot heading to the majors is nothing new. You lowered yourself by attempting to call out this guy. In the end, you got owned, for he revisited this thread 4+ years later to show you that he was okay in the end, despite your smear attempts at calling him out.

safe?, In this industry? I don't think so, so while you type on your computer from your moms basement(that's safe). Grown ups make grown up decisions, and paying the bills trumps just about everything else. You can call whatever you like, sound, well thought out decisions stand the test of time. Those that know me, will attest that I have had plans to move on from the beginning of my career, and will, when it makes the most sense. The time is coming, so instead of enduring multiple furloughs and unemployment cycles, I made decisions(proven over time) to be correct, for me and my family, if you look at my history here, I have never been a "SKYW is my career" prophet, quite the contrary.
What's with your mom's basement computer comments? I was a guy who moved on from the regionals to a major, so at what point am I still in the mom's basement category? You're one of those lucky regional guys who probably got hired in 2003 or 2004, saw a 12-18 month upgrade on the E120, and then promptly over to the CRJ Captain position. You made $22k for all of one year, and jumped right over to $50-$60k+ as a captain. Count your blessings. Plenty of folks have been at regionals that are still FOs after 5-10 years, still stuck on FO wages. I bet you'd be singing a different tune if you were in that position. So, you're saying the timing is now to move on. Imagine that you get hired at major airline X, and then the economy tanks, oil goes up, and airline X then furloughs you. What then? What high horse will you yell at from then?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back