• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA wants even more control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was "selected" everytime I flew out of Denver a couple of years ago. Seems my company would never request my travel more than a day in advance and never a round trip. Last minute + one way = flag = selectee.

I got into work this morning and one of the managers in the training department was complaining that they searched him. Former chief pilot and company management now. He said that the airline has to select so many and they prefer to pick standby passengers instead of pissing off rev passengers - just a theory though not fact.

Weasil said:
He said that the airline has to select so many and they prefer to pick standby passengers instead of pissing off rev passengers - just a theory though not fact.
Yeah, they prefer to piss off the revenue passengers with the gate agents and the poor service.

The Wand Monkeys like selecting crewmembers for the additional "random" screening simply because it makes them feel empowered. There are still far too many screeners who are on power trips and see themselves as cops or something.

The fact that crewmembers are so often selected for random screening shows what an ineffective waste of time this strategy is. Heaven forbid we actually begin picking selectees from high-threat profile passengers. The ACLU would jump into action and return the TSA to wanding the pilots again. Pure window dressing.

Brett Hull said:
The donkey's a male. :D
...and he's starting to get used to his position in this relationship!

The original .gif was animated too, but I removed the animation in the interests of civility.

Tsa

T-Too
S-Stupid
for
A-Arby's (no disrespect to Arby's)
It was obvious to anyone with a pulse that TSA was going to be a power hog,especially with 9/11 still fresh in everyone's mind.Legislation based on emotion is bad law indeed.
If you want to get the gomers off your back,bite the bullet and get your FFDO certification.Life now is an effortless swag through the exit line...sign a log...and"poof",you're through the line so fast you have time to point and laugh at your poor crew whose undercarraige is still recieving a little"whose your fathering" from some schmuck TSA screener.

Last edited:
yeah but you gotta lug around a friggin gun. I can't remember where my wallet is half the time...

Latest resources

Back