• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management pilots, good job.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dues may be paid voluntarily 60 days after the date of the election but are required after the CBA is ratified. If one wants to remain a member in good standing with the union those past dues must be paid after the CBA is signed.

Dues may be paid voluntarily 60 days after the date of the election but are required after the CBA is ratified. If one wants to remain a member in good standing with the union those past dues must be paid after the CBA is signed.

The past due amount you are referring to is the amount acrued 60 days of contract signing till CBA ratification?

Has this been clearly explained to every Travel Management Pilot?

The past due amount you are referring to is the amount acrued 60 days of contract signing till CBA ratification?

Has this been clearly explained to every Travel Management Pilot?

It has been explained a few times in detail. It's also been explained with regard to running for Union positions on the MEC. Only members in good standing are eligible candidates.

Last edited:
Will the Travel Management Pilots be required to pay dues from Dec 22, 2014 when they voted for representation, or were they lied to and told that they would not be required to pay dues till their contract is ratified?

A simple honest statement of fact from their leadership now will build trust

Per the 1108 Bylaws, I believe dues are a requirement starting 60 days after a successful election. I haven't been lied to, and I'm not sure what you're getting at with your post. Negotiations cost money, and dues are where those funds come from. It's not rocket science.

Will the Travel Management Pilots be required to pay dues from Dec 22, 2014 when they voted for representation, or were they lied to and told that they would not be required to pay dues till their contract is ratified?

A simple honest statement of fact from their leadership now will build trust

The IBT are far from perfect. That has been stated many times before, but they can't lie to you. Their bylaws are so widely available, if you dont know the timing of dues collection, it is willful ignorance. If you have an important vote like this one and you let either management or someone's friend's butcher's hairdresser tell you what is what, then you are an idiot...or a tool. Either way, you ain't doing too well at the moment.

Per the 1108 Bylaws, I believe dues are a requirement starting 60 days after a successful election. I haven't been lied to, and I'm not sure what you're getting at with your post. Negotiations cost money, and dues are where those funds come from. It's not rocket science.

Come on windshear! Can't you spot a freeloader?

^^ I know! It's frustrating when people expect to be spoon fed, and then (regardless of the integrity of the information) run with it as if it were gospel. 1108, and IBT National bylaws are widely available. During the drive, the Organizing Committee put out lots of great information. Yet, we still have people here whom, when asked, admit to never having read any of it. The same people typically start related conversations with the phrase "I heard...", followed by false information. Sigh...

Latest resources

Back