• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any truth to this or do you just figure it is only a matter of time.....since they are buying everybody?

Travel Management Company

The latest on Travel Management Company.They have downgraded pilot hotels to Hampton Inn's,Comfort Inn's etc.By summer all their captains will be quitting for better jobs.

Last edited:
Someone is taking profit at the expense of the pilots (also known as SCREWING the pilots).

Headwinds,

I am sorry. You are right. Any company that strives to make profit, should not keep any of the profit that they RISKED millions of dollars for. Just give it to the employees who have zero invested in the business and nothing to lose. A pilot's license and college entitle you to endless wealth. The pilots that hired on probably did so without knowing what to expect as far as pay. It was probably a secret. They probably did no research and have no judgement. They are the victims. I would have thought a college education would prevent being taking advantage of by these bad people (Employers) The employer probably promised them six figures and a Net Jets pay scale. He probably asked the pilot, why are you thinking of working here? Why aren't you taking a job at one of the 5 other companies that Headwinds noted? They must not know you are available, otherwise your phone would be ringing off the hook. You are such a rare and valuable person. Wow... a pilot's license and a college degree. You are entitled. The bad employer who is going to invest an additional $20k-$40k per year in training these gifts to god should be grateful.
Some people are born to complain and they will no matter what. Others concentrate on doing the best job they can to make their employer profitable. A happy, profitable employer with good employees is more likely to take care of his crew. Employers with a bunch of winers, are happy to see the winers leave. What a relief.
Most of the jobs that I have accepted had no guarantee. A starting salary, some research and a little judgement has been my formula. I make well over 100k and put my employer first. I make sure they are provided safe transporation and excellent service. Strive to become an asset to your employer and not a wining liability. You get recognized for what you are.

Eventhough we have differing view points, I sincerely hope things work out for you and your friends. As I stated earlier, the supply and demand ratio is experiencing a big swing and pilots will see their value increase significantly. I appreciate the aviation owners being the entrepeneurs that they are. I hope they make lots of profit and buy bigger and better aircraft for all of us to fly. I do not condone their actions, I embrace them. Their risks and sacrifices make good paying jobs for good people a reality.

I certainly am not smart or motivated enough to create the wealth that supports these operations.

Take Care and Good Luck,
Corp Pilot

I appreciate your kind words. I apologize for the late response.

1) These pilots probably did do their research, saw what the industry (e.g. the 5 aforementioned companies) is paying, and assumed that in the interest of pilot retention, TMC would have comparable pay, not just cost of living increases. That would be why there appears to be such dissatisfaction with the pay and benefits. Because the company didn't live up to expectations.

2) In my experience, there only 2 types of pilots who DON'T whine:

a. Newbies in their first 3 months on their first jet job,

b. those who are the best paid in the industry.

And of course company men willing to eat sh!t if the boss asks, but they are a very small minority.

Curiously, the best paid pilots tend to be working for the best companies, who also show the highest profits. Coincidence? I think not. We've seen it time and again; show your pilots you respect them with industry leading pay and benefits, higher profits follow.

3) Despite the whining, nearly all pilots still show up every day willing to give 110% for the customer. Pilots tend to be highly motivated and hard working people. The whining isn't because they are determined to be unhappy, but because they know they are worth more than what the company wants to pay them.

I agree that pilot pay will have to increase across the industry. It's just a shame that in this case, what might have been a good company has to figure things out the hard way.

Last edited:
The latest on Travel Management Company.They have downgraded pilot hotels to Hampton Inn's,Comfort Inn's etc.By summer all their captains will be quitting for better jobs.

I shared a taxi with a couple TMC guys a week or so ago and they were headed to the Staybridge Suites. If I am not mistaken, I believe that is part of the Holiday Inn chain, but in any case the Staybridge isn't a bad place to spend the night. These guys seemed happy enough and didn't seem to have a lot to gripe about. They did say that they hear the rumors about Sentinent buying them as well, but at this point it is only a rumor.

Travel Management Company

I shared a taxi with a couple TMC guys a week or so ago and they were headed to the Staybridge Suites. If I am not mistaken, I believe that is part of the Holiday Inn chain, but in any case the Staybridge isn't a bad place to spend the night. These guys seemed happy enough and didn't seem to have a lot to gripe about. They did say that they hear the rumors about Sentinent buying them as well, but at this point it is only a rumor.
Staybridge Suites are not the norm for most of their hotel stays.They are trying to save money on overnights at the cost of their pilots by putting them in second rate hotels.Sentient Flight Group will only buy major flight operations in which they will have something to gain.All the other companys purchased have new charter customers or managed aircraft.What does Travel Management Company have to offer,but a few new Beechjets.
Fly safe and have fun!!!

Last edited:
My buddy seems to think they will be sold to Berkshire Hathaway, like the owners last company. It seems to me that Sentient is a more likely fit. Any way you look at it, the owners modus operandi is to develop a company, build some value and then sell for profit. But then again, if you ask my company owner, he'll tell you the same thing; the company is always for sale if the price is right.

Latest resources

Back