• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Management-Elkhart IN. ????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More hiring.... if your up for another dissapointing company come on in the water is cold... It's a junker co. Run away, the rest of us are!!

How sure are you that they are hiring? I have a buddy that applied there a couple years ago and found work elsewhere but is now once again unemployed. Typed and current in the 400 and ready to work. Should I give him the green light to call em up?

Do you want to keep your friend?

How sure are you that they are hiring? I have a buddy that applied there a couple years ago and found work elsewhere but is now once again unemployed. Typed and current in the 400 and ready to work. Should I give him the green light to call em up?

I would not recomend this place to a friend!

Bummed

It is unfourtunate, as once there was a time I tried to like this Co. and advocated for them, However time as with all things has shown their true nature. I brought friends into this company and now find myself offering apologies to them for doing so. It is managed by the inexperienced which has also become embarassing. Yes they are hiring, turn over is simply increasing by the week, good people are leaving in this economy! Due to being treated terribly. Trouble is not comming it is allready here!

I know somebody that has been there for 4 rotations now and they are pretty happy. I understand the biggest problem is the schedule and it really is only the guys that were there when it was the old way that are having the biggest issue. Don't get me wrong, 2 on 2 off has to be hard when you have a family. I once heard somebody say that this business is for younger people and that is pretty spot on. Other then that maintenance is good, the pilot group for the most part is a good group of guys, training at FSI, and pay is respectable for light jets. Also,the other sour spots could be the low per diem ($40 a day) with no international override and the fact that uniforms are not free. You have to return your uniform when you quit or get fired.....on your own dime, else they deduct $300 from your last paycheck. So when they start handing out uniforms, don't do a sniff test, just send it straight to the cleaners. Other then that they are working on the other (small) issues. For instance, there is now a flow through program for the Beechjet Captains to move to the Hawker with no loss of pay.

I will say this though, they don't seem to mind firing people. I get the feeling that the GM is a bit of a hot head. If you don't mind taking that chance and think it's acceptable to fire somebody via email, then go for it. If you pass training the first time, show up for work on time, keep your mouth shut, and don't piss off the passengers or the brokers, then you will do just fine.

Don't forget that training is on your days off and you don't get day off pay. So your 15/13 turns into 18/10 every 6 months if you are a CA. Also there have been rumours of doing away with vacation. I don't think that 65K is reasonable for spending half my life in hotel. Its reasonable if you are young and dont have a life, wife, friends or family. My condolences to all TMC guys bound to this company by "golden handcuffs" Good luck to all, get as much rest and be as safe as you can.

I guess it all depends on if you are a glass half full or half empty guy. Also whether you live in the middle of nowhere or in a place that you may actually get home on your rotation. It would be an ideal place for a guy from the NYC area. Also, if you luck out every now and then and get on an airplane that goes to MX towards the end of the tour. That way you pick-up a couple of extra days off...or at least on-call at home. Not to mention that the new schedule came with a $5K raise, one more day off every 28 days, and two less days to have to travel. From what I hear the travel days are the toughest part about the rotation. I personally would rather spend two weeks on the road and not have to be the guy that is on 24/7/365 call. I admit though, the grass is always greener on the other side...at least until you get there.

You sound like some one who doesn't live the life, but has to sell it to the guys on the line. Counting on a broke airplane in a convient location to get home more? Are you jokeing? I live within a marginally driveable distance to one one of the largest BE400 shops in the country. I often picked up or dropped off A/C but only got to go home early once and never started late. I did have the advantage of living in a location that allowed me to drive to about 1/3 of my travel days,however. 5K sounds nice, but after taxes, divided among 24 paychecks isn't much and just as a nice "reach around", insurance costs went up, negating any small increase in pay.

"I personally would rather spend two weeks on the road and not have to be the guy that is on 24/7/365 call. I admit though, the grass is always greener on the other side...at least until you get there. "

This sounds like you have a choice, but choose not to. The grass IS greener. I am out of aviation as a full time gig. Companies like TMC have dicked up the industry so bad the S*ty operators are now the main stream, instead of the stepping stone. Well, maybe that TMC's turn-over is growing and they are hiring un-rated pilots; maybe pilots, even young, inexperienced ones are realizing that being a pilot is worth more than pop riveting campers together, unlike the owner and his lap dog mgt team.

Well, enjoy Home Depot where raises come in nickels and dimes and not $5,000 at a time.

Not that I work at Home Depot, but I would rather have steady employment and be home every night. btw, is there still enough room in the hanger for the Bonanza, or have all the Gulfstream and Legacy's taken over the hanger? Kidding.

I really do hope the best for TMC and the crews that fly for them, but serious changes need to be made in the mindset of the owner. Apperently, he doesn't realize tht the guys running TMC for him are no more qualified than any of the line pilots to run a buisness. I doubt he would take a riveter off the line and make him CFO of his main buisness. But that is exactly what he did at TMC, with the expected results. Good luck to all, and to mgt, go back to school, get a buisness degree, find a mentor, learn a few things then come back and try again. Hopefully, TMC won't be such a collosal FAIL when it comes to morale. Seriously, I hope for all those there, it gets better.

Latest resources

Back