• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trained Attack Line Guy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this guy's behavior is sypmtomatic of a life gone to crap. broken dreams, dead end job, no gratitude. rodney dangerfiled made a great living, with his no respect line.

the bum deserved nothing. the customer is always right and even when a rank and file employee thinks he was mistreated, this person needs to share it with his boss and if the customer's actions were unprofessional or threatening then letters and calls can be made at that level.

I would have fired that loser for accosting a customer in front of others right on the spot. unruly passengers need to get thrown out of planes and put in jail, while manic , bi polar line guys need to get meds and couseling for their pent up anger over having a crappy job and a 500 dollar truck payment ( so he can look cool for the debra winger types) he can't make.

you wonder why he is mad since he'll probably grab a twelve pack on the way home just like he does every day.

For a sports team they were traveling light. Most teams I flew managed to put 10k worth of personal bags in the aft pit plus all the team gear in the foward pit. Some of the line guys went overboard and were removing catering before the team was even off the plane. Once they even took my crew meal and I almost decked one the rampers because of it...they were a little over zealous because we usuallyed had pretty good catering.

As far as tipping went, we didn't tip the rampers, mainly because we were paying though the nose for handling fees and every ramp fee known to man not to metion the fact some of the rampers made as much as the F/E.

I agree, 9k pounds wasn't really all that much for a sports team. But when you're dealing with a 727-100, the cargo doors open INWARD so you have a lot of wasted space in the pits that you can't put cargo in. That space has to be left clear so the door can move. On the -200 the cargo doors open OUTWARD so you don't have that problem, all you have to do is be able to play Tetris worth a damn. :)

And trust me, at this FBO where I was working, those F/Es were pulling in at least 3 times what we were in terms of $$$. We always tried to give the best service we could, unlike those bozos downfield from us (I won't mention names but the initials were MillionAir BKL). We never boarded the airplane until the team was off and the busses were gone, and even then we did it only if we had work to do in there like lav service or trash dump.

Speaking of Quick Turns the other night we had a Minnesota Based Fractional Call in for a quick turn. We are on a new kick of burning out quick turns so we dropped everything and had a fuel truck standing by with two guys (for single point, one to hook up one to pump) a marshaller and wing walkers. We had the guy from chocks to fuel to ready to go in about 9 minutes. The pilot then walked up to the front desk with this big smile on his face and told the girls at the counter, "I wasn't really a quick turn, I just wanted to get to the hotel sooner, I've got the game figured out and I just ask for a quick turn."

Needless to say this pi**ed us off something fierce and we will think twice about doing that again for that company.

Do any of you tip for a standard quick turn with no additional services?

While stopping in Waco TX. the other day my co-pilot and I were chewed out by a line guy for not tipping him for doing an average quick turn. He came in to where I was eating my lunch, chewed me out and left.

I normally tip for lav service, baggage help, cabin service or extra efforts with the boss, but not for putting gas in the plane that I paid full retail for. Am I out of line here?

If it's at ACT I never had that issue when in there before. Make sure you call Texas Aero and let them know.

I'm not joking when I say DON'T DRINK THE WATER in Waco. I went to college there. That city definitly has a bolt loose. You could walk up and within 10 seconds know if the person was a local.

Just a question though. Does the bossman usually give you a little cash to tip with or does it come from your pocket?

Speaking of Quick Turns the other night we had a Minnesota Based Fractional Call in for a quick turn. We are on a new kick of burning out quick turns so we dropped everything and had a fuel truck standing by with two guys (for single point, one to hook up one to pump) a marshaller and wing walkers. We had the guy from chocks to fuel to ready to go in about 9 minutes. The pilot then walked up to the front desk with this big smile on his face and told the girls at the counter, "I wasn't really a quick turn, I just wanted to get to the hotel sooner, I've got the game figured out and I just ask for a quick turn."

Needless to say this pi**ed us off something fierce and we will think twice about doing that again for that company.

Man...I don't blame you for being pissed. That sucks! Call the dude's hotel and request a wakeup call for Captain D-bag at 0300.

Put an automatic gratuity on his bill.

bi polar line guys need to get meds and couseling for their pent up anger over having a crappy job and a 500 dollar truck payment ( so he can look cool for the debra winger types) he can't make.

you wonder why he is mad since he'll probably grab a twelve pack on the way home just like he does every day.
don't assume we're all pissed off at the world and feel we have dead end jobs. i wouldn't trade my job for much. some of us can't fly, so we stay as close to the industry as possible. i love my job, the planes i see, and the people i meet. though i'm not paid the best in the world, it makes me no less of a person, nor will it effect how i treat customers. i offer everybody i see the same respect i want from them.

as for the lower rungs on the ladder going home each night to beer, what a lousy cliche! i drink once every other week or so. i don't make too much, but i manage to get by. my car is in good shape, runs well and always has gas. my motorcycle is in tip top shape as well. my house is much nicer than the average 24 year old. why? because i'm smart enough to understand where my money needs to go. again, just because we're paid low does not mean we're knuckle dragging idiots throughout. i'm far from broke because i'm smart enough to understand what needs to be done. work, then play!

we have called companies to speak with people about the attitudes of pilots and f/a's. i would not dare yell at customers, but i will not apologize for my obvious frustration due to your attitude directed towards me.

i have taken my fair share of yelling from pilots ranging from grummans to gulfstreams and everything between. the majority of crews are friendly people, but believe me when i say i don't forget crews with that mindset. i will do everything in my power to make sure things are taken care of on a timely basis, but i seem to operate at a much slower pace when you treat me poorly.

True Story

I was in TEB at Jet Aviation and needed a lav svc. Citation 3

The line guys were all laughing at some guy that had to do it. I am assuming that it was a junior man union thing. I couldnt figure out what the deal was.

Over by the plane when the guy came over I was trying to have a good sense of humor and mentioned something about corn and peanut shells stuck in the flapper valve on the lav.. The guy proceeded to turn green and blow chunks all over the ramp. The guy continues to dry heave for about 60 seconds.

I asked him what was wrong and he told me that the lav service really grosses him out. He also told me that if he catches a whiff of roadkill that he has to pull over and throw up..

I felt horrible and he dissappeared before I could tip him..

I went to the line shack and they asked if he barfed I said yes and they laughed at him. Out of my pocket came a $50.. I gave it to him and said here's $10 for the lav and $40 for the chucks..

I couldnt expense that tip but it just puts things into perspective a little

I was in TEB at Jet Aviation and needed a lav svc. Citation 3

The line guys were all laughing at some guy that had to do it. I am assuming that it was a junior man union thing. I couldnt figure out what the deal was.

Over by the plane when the guy came over I was trying to have a good sense of humor and mentioned something about corn and peanut shells stuck in the flapper valve on the lav.. The guy proceeded to turn green and blow chunks all over the ramp. The guy continues to dry heave for about 60 seconds.

I asked him what was wrong and he told me that the lav service really grosses him out. He also told me that if he catches a whiff of roadkill that he has to pull over and throw up..

I felt horrible and he dissappeared before I could tip him..

I went to the line shack and they asked if he barfed I said yes and they laughed at him. Out of my pocket came a $50.. I gave it to him and said here's $10 for the lav and $40 for the chucks..

I couldnt expense that tip but it just puts things into perspective a little

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!:puke:

Latest resources

Back