• APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

To all you regional pilots.....

Flyer1015

.....this fighting has to stop!

There's no reason you should gloat about any regional airline losing flying, which yours might pick up.

No more "my regional is better than your regional" crap.
It's a regional... face it, they all suck. Maybe some worse than others, but still they all suck.

We're all in it together. $135 per barrel oil is here to stay for the time being. The entire industry is hurting, and no one has any quick easy solutions.

The last thing we need is some pilot(s) gloating over another pilot(s) demise/misfortune at another airline.

We're all in it together, and should support each other in these tough times.

relief tube

It's a regional... face it, they all suck. Maybe some worse than others, but still they all suck.
We see your point, but saying Mesa and GoJets are in the same league as Air Wisconsin and Horizon isn't helping anything either.

And the existence of the 2 formers sure doesn't help our efforts on getting more pay or days off.

Weeding out week airlines that aren't doing a thing to help the industry shouldn't be completely shunned at. 100 percent of us agree that Skybus tanking needed to happen.

Skaff

It's a regional...
But my regional is better than your regional. And though many regionals seem to have a lot of pissed off pilots, I'm pretty happy for the time being. At least until the age 65/fuel crisis has been dealt with. Then I hope to move on to something better. But my regional is better than many regionals.

prtyprtyprncss

Home is where you make it...I don't define myself by the job or the airline so I'm pretty happy as well...I feel fortunate to be where I am and will stay til I grow old or they make me leave...airlines are like churches...they're all full of people...some you'll like, some you won't...and staying out of the crew lounge helps too...I agree this forum seems to be more and more about quibbling lately...

Flyer1015

We see your point, but saying Mesa and GoJets are in the same league as Air Wisconsin and Horizon isn't helping anything either.
That's why I said 'some suck worse than others.'

And the existence of the 2 formers sure doesn't help our efforts on getting more pay or days off.
You don't have to tell me that. At Pinnacle, we are still fighting for a new contract since the current one became amendable May '05.

Management is to blame for setting up alter-egos, destroying, or in our case, ignoring scope issues. But ill-educated (or not even educated) pilots taking jobs there doesn't help the situation. I question why somebody would want to go to GoJets, they can get hired anywhere else at another regional.

Flyer1015

But my regional is better than your regional. And though many regionals seem to have a lot of pissed off pilots, I'm pretty happy for the time being. At least until the age 65/fuel crisis has been dealt with. Then I hope to move on to something better. But my regional is better than many regionals.
This post is precisely what I was posting about. Way to go.

To be honest, recently, it seems most 'high-horses' are Skywest guys.

RJLoser

Laughing at previous post. I figured he was SKYW before your post!

yahooair

its all part of the game,keep them busy worrying about other crap while we do something over here.
at least half the rj pilots are scared...thats why they talk bad about other pilots. most of them are nerds with ******************** to do after work. no life, hobbies, girlfreinds you know the types...screw them...who cares..let them live for this job and let them have a miserable life.
as for the others, good luck in these hard times

Skaff

No high horse. I was joking around anyway. But I don't hate my job, I actually like my job, and I've never been afraid that I was going to lose my job. Maybe that will change in the future. I just think that it's funny that you come to a place like flightinfo with a "can't we all just get along" speech.

SSDD

Why is taking the high road a good thing, but getting on a high horse a bad thing?

HMMMMMM

acaTerry

SAPM
.....this fighting has to stop!

There's no reason you should gloat about any regional airline losing flying, which yours might pick up.

We're all in it together. $135 per barrel oil is here to stay for the time being. The entire industry is hurting, and no one has any quick easy solutions.

The last thing we need is some pilot(s) gloating over another pilot(s) demise/misfortune at another airline.

We're all in it together, and should support each other in these tough times.
Then what would we have to go to flightinfo for?

Flyer1015

No high horse. I was joking around anyway. But I don't hate my job, I actually like my job, and I've never been afraid that I was going to lose my job. Maybe that will change in the future. I just think that it's funny that you come to a place like flightinfo with a "can't we all just get along" speech.
Don't get me wrong. I'm at Pinnacle, but I actually love it. Live in base, no debt, people I fly with are cool, and it's a fun job. Sure I could lose my job, that goes with the territory.

I'm coming with this 'get along' speech because it's needed now more than ever. Sure, I enjoy the occasional good bash here. We can all have fun. But in the end, flightinfo laid-back-ness or not, we still have to support each other as professionals.

XPOO

You are now free to...
To see 2 T-rex's bang each other. Duh! That, and to see atlcrashpad say, "BOOOUUUUYYY"
I always wondered what his draw to bouys is all about. Did he grow up on a ship? Daddy told him to yell out "BOOOOUUUUYYY" everytime he saw one? Just wondering.

suupah

Skywest's day is coming. since being in the business i have seen every regional that is up go down and many that were down go up.