• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The sandbox must be awesome!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kinda like the military..stiff rules, you know 'em before you join...nobody is drafted...all volunteers...follow 'em or else...simple really...

No, not simple.

Actually, I could agree with your post above, except for two things.

1) The rules must be made known in order to know and follow them and

2) The rules must be of a nature that they can actually be followed.

The military may have stiff rules, but they conform to my two conditions above.

If the info in that article is true, those FA's never had any real chance to follow the rules. None of them working there do. It's pure luck for the ones who remain employed.

Punished for over boiling an egg? I wonder if it's listed in any of Qatar's rules that you can't make a cooking mistake on your days off?

Seems more like rules being made up on a whim as the company sees fit.

How can you even remotely defend the totally unreasonable? But I also wonder how much those FA's are paid to make them actually want to stay at all? Lots of questions.

I'm not relying on an article for my assessment...personal experience...the article has some merit...but the other side of each story might shed light on as to how and why...

Fair enough.

Are you a pilot there? Or an FA?

What's the other side of the story? If you have some intel I'd love to hear it.

No sarcasm when I say I'd love to hear the justification for disciplining someone for screwing up cooking an egg on her day off. And why/how do you ban someone from coming back to the country just because of being fired?

Basic pay for a QR FA is EUR 811/month. Accommodation is provided (so AAB can make sure they are in bed before 0300 on off-days) as well as transport to/from work (so AAB can make sure they are all where he wants them to be).

I've done a bit of consulting on behalf of IATA. My daily rate was EUR 800!

I think that when you consider flight pay they average $ 2000-2500 per month....on top of that accommodation and insurance plus zero taxes....so it is probably consistent with international airlines?
I have many friends from Spain, Greece, France, Asian etc...and most like it. You hear some horror stories, and I don't condone this but you have to admit most of these rumors grow bigger every time they are told.

I think that when you consider flight pay they average $ 2000-2500 per month....on top of that accommodation and insurance plus zero taxes....so it is probably consistent with international airlines?
I have many friends from Spain, Greece, France, Asian etc...and most like it. You hear some horror stories, and I don't condone this but you have to admit most of these rumors grow bigger every time they are told.

Spot on!

Latest resources

Back