The RJDC is a cancer on the industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skydiverdriver said:
... but there are also Delta and other mainline pilots who are for it.

I'd be pretty shocked to find any mainline pilot who support the RJDC. Support the idea of Onelist, yes, the RJDC, I don't think so...

RJFLyer-

You have to realize that RJDC is not suing for equal representation. They're suing, at first, because they thought they were going to see a windfall of seniority after Delta puchased them. So they sued ALPA to have them do a date-of-hire integration.

TWA didn't get date-of-hire, like hell a Brasilia captain is going to get date-of-hire either.

Secondly, RJDC (well, John Brieling and Dan Ford) are suing because apparently, even though their respective carriers have seen explosive growth, they're under the impression that the DAL PWA is holding their career back so they're suing for "...no less than $2,000,000 per CMR pilot..." It doesn't sound like they're suing for equal representation. They're suing out of spite.

As you've seen, the DAL PWA is the best thing since sliced bread for ASA and CMR.

If you want to stay at a regional, please by all means feel free. But the second that yo try to hamper my career expectations because you're too lazy to get off your butt and get a college degree and apply to global airlines like everyone else, you become the enemy.

When you got hired by a regional, you had the clear expectation that you'd eventually fly the biggest prop/jet/whatever they had. That's why you applied for that specific airline.

I applied for a global airline because I wanted to fly the aircraft that THEY had. I chose the airline that I work at for a reason.

If you're not happy at your airline, apply elsewhere or NEGOTIATE change thru the process.

Heck, I've seen 24 year old 767 FO's at mainline airlines over the years and some sub-30 year old captains. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Braniff

And for the record, I've always supported a flow thru agreement for the pilots that meet the minimum requirements of the mainline carrier.

Getting a degree isn't all that hard. Hell, I did it! :)

Braniff

IFF

I don't (and I won't) have to defend my credentials here. I stated a fact--these regionals pilots are paying for representation, not misrepresentation. That's it--period. If ALPA doesn't want to stand up for these guys, then it should ask them politely to go to another union. It's highly unethical to accept dues from regional pilots with one hand and then slapping them across the face with the other hand. In my part of the world, they call that two-timing.

Let's just simply stick to the facts here IFF...Delta Connex pilots are being Enroned by the way this scope clause was written. Delta mainline is biting the hand that feeds it.

IFLYFORFOOD-

Actually, you're 100% correct. Once people started using cogent arguments to counter the absolute lies that RJDC is spouting, magically those blowhards disappeared.

I asked about 5 clear questions and to date, they've been completely ignored.

I'm simply overjoyed that the good people from DAL, CMR and ASA have come out of the woodwork to stand up to the disease of RJDC.

I always thought it was funny when some guy said that I was some ex-military fighter jock with a huge ego that hated regional pilots. HAhaha!

Here I am a civilian-trained, former regional pilot that has no connection at all to the military. The regionals are fun, but there's NO WAY IN HELL that I'd consider retiring at one. This job is way too hard to work that much for little (relatively) money.

Braniff

Hey tilde guy (~~~^~~~)

Ever hear of a RECESSION?

How about softening consumer demand?

Notice that when ASA slowed hiring, SKYWEST took a lot of ASA-type routes?

Delta is whipsawing SKYWEST against ASA, but you're giving DALPA the heat for it. Please. It's MANAGEMENT, not DALPA.

But of course, if you tried to sue management, they'd probably give you the finger and a pink slip.

Braniff

skydiverdriver said:
It's true that there are some comair and asa pilots who are against the rjdc, but there are also Delta and other mainline pilots who are for it.

Sky,

I'll mail you a dollar if you can name a SINGLE Delta pilot who will admit to supporting the rjdc.

P.S.
I used to bet more than a dollar, but that was when I wasn't losing my job! Plus, I've been watching those 10-10-220 commercials, and they made me realize that you can still get a lot for a buck!

And for the record, Skywest is a kick ass airline with kick ass employees.

I've never once heard one of their non-revs asking for a cup to spit skoal into.

Braniff

I bet he couldn't find ONE mainline pilot that supports the RJDC.

If I lose the bet, I'll streak naked down Virginia Avenue in ATL.

Braniff

I guess I would argue that "lack of scope", namely scope that contractually secures rights to DCI flying by the W/O (ASA/Comair) is contributing more to the "stagnation" of ASA. We are already growing in impressive fashion, the only reason I see that DALPA's PWA scope limits are even an potential hindrance to growth at ASA/Comair are the dilution of those allowed block hours across multiple non-W/O carriers (read ACA, Skywest, and Eagle).

Management's ability to spread the flying out amongst Butrell's (stable or portfolio) of carriers and our INablity to do a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** thing about it (read lack of scope) is the culprit, and I fail to see how the RJDC proposes to address, let alone fix these issues.

Latest resources

Back