• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Onesky leadership is at it again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twice they have put out that email. The last time also specifically mentioning the furloughed guys will get a shot too per the fence agreement.

FAA isn't going to do Squat they are all typical Govt employees all talk no action. They may run around and look busy for a couple of months ( Job Justification) send out a bunch of emails maybe even have a focus group or two. But in the end it will be business as usual. This company has been turned in a million times to the Feds and it all goes nowhere. Don't look to them to solve any problems not gonna happen

Not looking to be an *********************************** but now there's evidence their business practices are the main culprit in actual accidents, incidents and other triggers like fatigue that threaten public safety. That is a factual statement, not hyperbole.

Job justification might be status quo but when there's a paper trail that implicates the bureaucrats, the government is surprisingly good bringing down the gauntlet. You have to remember the public has a large appetite for the "dangers" of aviation and has a tendency to place the profession of "pilot" in a higher and more mystical esteem than reality affords.

Now the company is the one who has to thread that needle not just with the FAA but their customer base. The scary ******************** is starting to pile up and right now management is scrambling to keep reported concerns to a minimum. That's all I need to know to know they are feeling the heat.

Regarding your other beaurocraric concerns of arbitration, the same logic follows. No owner in his right mind wants a pilot flying him on what is now the norm schedule for OneSky pilots. And when an arbitrator finds out the company can already give their pilots better schedules, workrules and paychecks on current revenues, expect a little common sense to come out of his ruling. Just like the FAA, he also does not want to be responsible for advocating business practices that threaten public safety. Expecting an arbitrator to buy into the rhetoric the company can't afford to treat us well when Uncle is out blowing money on super sonics is a doubtful gamble.

Incidentally, there are FO slots on the Legacy. They were not put out for bid for Flexjet FOs. They sent an email to the Options pilots offering them transfers, AND word is Phil was given an out of seniority award along with another transfer. But "come on guys, we're still Flexjet, Flex on.":rolleyes: :puke:

I'd be upset however a part of me is thanking the good lord I won't have to deal with him.

Let him be over there with all the other IGMs.

However, how utterly foolish is he to *yet again* bargain away his soul to the lowest bidder? First Officer in a program that has basically made its hallmark out of seniority Captain slots? Mind blowing.

He's not just a prostitute, he's a truck stop hooker.

I'd be upset however a part of me is thanking the good lord I won't have to deal with him.

Let him be over there with all the other IGMs.

However, how utterly foolish is he to *yet again* bargain away his soul to the lowest bidder? First Officer in a program that has basically made its hallmark out of seniority Captain slots? Mind blowing.

He's not just a prostitute, he's a truck stop hooker.

Why would you insult the truck stop hookers?? I demand a public apology on your last statement!!!!

Not looking to be an *********************************** but now there's evidence their business practices are the main culprit in actual accidents, incidents and other triggers like fatigue that threaten public safety. That is a factual statement, not hyperbole.

Job justification might be status quo but when there's a paper trail that implicates the bureaucrats, the government is surprisingly good bringing down the gauntlet. You have to remember the public has a large appetite for the "dangers" of aviation and has a tendency to place the profession of "pilot" in a higher and more mystical esteem than reality affords.

Now the company is the one who has to thread that needle not just with the FAA but their customer base. The scary ******************** is starting to pile up and right now management is scrambling to keep reported concerns to a minimum. That's all I need to know to know they are feeling the heat.

Regarding your other beaurocraric concerns of arbitration, the same logic follows. No owner in his right mind wants a pilot flying him on what is now the norm schedule for OneSky pilots. And when an arbitrator finds out the company can already give their pilots better schedules, workrules and paychecks on current revenues, expect a little common sense to come out of his ruling. Just like the FAA, he also does not want to be responsible for advocating business practices that threaten public safety. Expecting an arbitrator to buy into the rhetoric the company can't afford to treat us well when Uncle is out blowing money on super sonics is a doubtful gamble.

KR is a Master Spin Master. He will come in blame everything on the pilots and show the Govt stooges all the company is doing to prevent it again. Like sending out emails as they have already done. Memories are short and this will blow over in a few months business as usual. Until someone dies I doubt there will be little if any change.

Did anyone else just get the email that the company sent out tonight? It goes on to say the company is indifferent to the ultimate integration of the SLI , we do have an interest in the list being "inclusive and fair." What a load of manure. So does that include some puck kid with less than one years' service bypassing people 18+ years? Sorry, any contract that doesn't include bypass pay is a no vote from me!

Now this?
January 9, 2017
Fellow Flexjet Pilots,
On Wednesday, January 4, United States District Court Judge James Gwin notified your Union and the Company of a preliminary injunction hearing scheduled for Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Cleveland, OH. The Local 1108 Executive Board shared that information and encouraged pilots to attend. Apparently, one of the accused co-contemnors, Flight Options and Flexjet Executive VP of Operations Ja--n W--ss, was aware of the E-Board?s announcement and invitation. Through the ruse of a blanket overtime request and mandatory denials, Mr. W--ss instructed crew planning to prohibit pilots from dropping January 11
th, 12th and 13th from their schedules, even if they request to use "guaranteed" PTO. This abuse of discretion is unprecedented!
Mr. W--ss cited the days several pilots requested to be off as
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"a busy weekend with the MLK holiday." [/FONT][/FONT]

What are they trying to hide?

Last edited:
Today is the 11th. Supposedly one of the busy days, right? Based on my own schedule and flightaware, it actually appears to be a pretty light day by the current ass grinding standards of the busy season here at Flexjet. If JW really did deny people PTO, that was probably not a very smart idea.

Doesn't he realize the farce is relatively proveable? Does he really think a judge will just take his word for it? Does he think he can pull a little Nathan Jessup flight log trickery?

Funny. I believe in that movie, the court day turned out a lot different than expected too.

High hopes. High hopes.

Today is the 11th. Supposedly one of the busy days, right? Based on my own schedule and flightaware, it actually appears to be a pretty light day by the current ass grinding standards of the busy season here at Flexjet. If JW really did deny people PTO, that was probably not a very smart idea.

Doesn't he realize the farce is relatively proveable? Does he really think a judge will just take his word for it? Does he think he can pull a little Nathan Jessup flight log trickery?

Funny. I believe in that movie, the court day turned out a lot different than expected too.

High hopes. High hopes.

If you'll recall, this is the same judge that kickstarted the word "specious" as part of the union rallying call back in April over the company's lawsuit over SLI. He was not happy with them then and I suspect er won't be tomorrow, either.

Latest resources

Back