• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

The end of Comair

JettBoii

Sorry to hear that. Jumpseated on you guys quite a bit. Always very professional and pleasant to talk with. Good luck to all.

SBD

Total Time
Y2K
Spent 5 years there. Met some good peeps. It sucks, but life will go on.

B727FA

Bring your own FOD bucket
Total Time
Enough
Spent 2.5 years there. Great experience. Best wishes to all...

trip

Total Time
I would be hesitant to offer up my services to another US airline. Instead broaden your horizons and go global, the corporations in this country could give a rats behind about you so do what is best for yourself and your family.

Cavity

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Another ALPA carrier that was once the PFT outfit that got many others into that scam bites the dust. Boo hoo hoo

M
Really?

REALLY? .....What a Classless Pr!ck. You're a bigger as$ than your profile Avatar!

Sorry to hear the news guys.

Last edited:

Crash Pad

Total Time
I remember when Comair was the best regional job you could get. Well ********************.

fugghedabowdit

Total Time
I had 8 great years at Comair, met great people, enjoyed the flying, the fun SAV, DCA and YUL overnights, great memories. Good luck to you all, you deserve better then Delta ever gave you. Better days are ahead.

relief tube

Total Time
sucks that gojet is already flying around CA tail numbers. a sad day when a regional that was once more than good enough to call it a career at is gone for good and replaced by crap regionals, my airline included.

best of luck guys. may you cash in on the hopeful mainline hiring in the future before the rest of us.

A350

Keeping my 2.5%
Total Time
The unfortunate part of this scenario is it will continue to happen again and again unless the leaders of the pilot unions get together and put a stop to it.

To the pilots and employees of Comair....godspeed.

A350

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
I remember when Comair got their industry leading contract a few years ago. Based on the comments from Comair management about cost structure I assume this is Delta's punishment for them?

Good luck to all of your Comair folks...

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
Total Time
Total
Hear that sound? That is Genny Lee hunched over, in the hotel in Rio, punishing his unit like a monkey in a zoo. The sound is his hand breaking Mach speed, once he breaks the 3second barrier, he will chime in n F/I.

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
Comair is a victim of the worst actors in aviation. May their fate be the same.

johnsonrod

Total Time
8000+
Very sad to hear about Comair. I have friends there to this day and I am sure they are concerned about the next steps forward - as I would be. I wish all Comair employees luck! I think anyone flying a 50 seat RJ (like myself) needs to consider Plan B options. You can also thank Fred "Greedy" Reid for his tremendous RJ foresight and willingness to order 1000 RJs to fulfill his fleet dreams.

This crap economy certainly does not help in terms of pilot hiring prospects. Let's hope Barry Obama gets his a$$ thrown out of office so that we can seriously attempt to revive this "life support with no business-oriented plan" economy. Increasing taxes on job creators while adding to the $ trillions in tax money spent simply won't work...

Good luck to all involved!

79%N1

Total Time
2 many
Sadly, Gen Lee is probably celebrating at an all night Bender.

Good luck to my friends and colleagues at Comair!

paid4training

Missing my family
Total Time
enough
Is this the majors sending a message regarding balance of power? I've seen the Legacys use employees as paws in their capers to obtain gate space etc.? This is a sad day for those pilots, flight attendants and support personal of a once great Airline!!!

buckwheat

Total Time
I love how delta says comair does only does 1% of the delta flying and this will not affect the flying structure of delta at all. I think you should shove it up the mans ass and all just walk off now and see what that does to delta structure. God speeds brothers you all are the best and my prayers will go out to you and your families.

CFI2766

Total Time
Godspeed.

I was on a TDY passing through MCO when I came across these guys walking the line. What struck me then, and now, were the similarities between us. There but for the grace of God...