• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The end of Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Heard from a reliable source on Virginia Ave that all CRJ-200 flying will end on 9/4 and the rest will be wound down by the 28th."[/QUOTE]

If the history of this management was to be used I find this unlikely as they have hard time justifying a nice performance reward. More realistic would be a sale of some kind.

A lot of the routes that are going to be done by other companies in October are being used by 9E using the 900, specifically delta's Equipment code "CM9" which are the premerger Mesaba 900s.

There aren't huge changes for OH in that bulletin. Some holiday CX's as one would expect and re-times. Flights well into the new year. Now that can change, but there's no sign of massive shutdown in either the A or B sked release.

Their fate has been set. Management had the meeting last night and the close down is finalized. They would like to keep the schedule through Sept with all operations seized by Oct. If pilot group does not cooperate, they will expedite the removal of the remaining aircraft to other carriers. It will hit the media sometime this morning. Good luck to all of Comair. :(

If pilot group does not cooperate, they will expedite the removal of the remaining aircraft to other carriers.

Cooperate how, as in actually show up for work? And how much more can they "expedite the removal"?

Cooperate how, as in actually show up for work? And how much more can they "expedite the removal"?

I am sure there will be some sort of incentive to finish out the schedule through Sept. I believe that there isn't anything in the pilots contract that says Delta has to pay them any sort of severance in the event of a shutdown so I guess this is their way of doing so. Those details will get ironed out here soon I am guessing.

Selfishly I want a job at delta and would hate to have an entire pilot group in the door before I had a chance but wouldn't it be nice for a change if all comair pilots were offered delta numbers?

Selfishly I want a job at delta and would hate to have an entire pilot group in the door before I had a chance but wouldn't it be nice for a change if all comair pilots were offered delta numbers?

That's funny right there, I don't care what country you're from.

Latest resources

Back