The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm

After the big show on the Costa Concordia disaster, we have not heard much about the investigation. Wonder when the sinking of Citation Air will be made into a documentary? Havent heard much about that either.

Any updates out there boys and girls?

Sad

Better swim fast. Those Netjets sharks are circling. It's sad, though, that they place a firm order for only 25 jets from Cessna, and they are not even off the drawing board yet.

Meanwhile Bombardier makes out handsomely with a huge order. Lookin like those life boats have holes and no paddles!

Better swim fast. Those Netjets sharks are circling. It's sad, though, that they place a firm order for only 25 jets from Cessna, and they are not even off the drawing board yet.

Meanwhile Bombardier makes out handsomely with a huge order. Lookin like those life boats have holes and no paddles!

Why such an offensive post?

These guys are out of work in an economy that's not overly abundant at offering new jobs that pay well.

I'm really sorry for your hardship!! This totally sucks!!

Better swim fast. Those Netjets sharks are circling. !

yes of course, "the Netjets sharks are circling"... the air charter operators who mimic Mesa Airlines by offering their services at absurd low prices and the other fractionals are innocent bystandrs. is all NETJETS' FAULT

FYI, XOJET is whoring itself out. That's more damaging to CA and FX than NJA

yes of course, "the Netjets sharks are circling"... the air charter operators who mimic Mesa Airlines by offering their services at absurd low prices and the other fractionals are innocent bystandrs. is all NETJETS' FAULT

We'd love to be able to raise our rates, but market conditions (excess capacity) have them suppressed to the point where all we can do now is gain market share while we ride out the storm. That's just business, and if another business can't compete, then they need to adapt. But you don't see anyone over here the least bit excited about other pilots losing their jobs, because we recognize the impact that has on us as a pilot group. I'm sorry you see us as whoring ourselves out. Call it what you want, but we've also hired 94 pilots in the past year, with plans to hire 20-30 more in 2012. We know our company is FAR from perfect, but it could certainly be worse.

Was your company whoring itself out when it put all of those corporate flight departments out of business by offering Fractional ownership and reduced overall costs compared to full ownership? Aviation is a competitive business like all other businesses. If one company has an innovative idea that allows them to offer comparable service at lower prices, they will likely gain market share. The sad fact is if one company gains market share another must lose it.

Best of luck to everyone.

So we agree that when a company lowers their rates and/or orders aircraft, it affects the competition but it is also a strategic move to gain business, and not neccesarily an attemp to put other companies out of business?

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why it is OK for XOjet to order a bunch of CL300s (which they fly at pretty low rates) but it is a huge problem when Netjets does it. The reaction has been quite different

and I second that, best of luck to everyone

So we agree that when a company lowers their rates and/or orders aircraft, it affects the competition but it is also a strategic move to gain business, and not neccesarily an attemp to put other companies out of business?

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why it is OK for XOjet to order a bunch of CL300s (which they fly at pretty low rates) but it is a huge problem when Netjets does it. The reaction has been quite different

Yes, we can absolutely agree to that. It's just business baby.

The difference is that NJA's order was announced 3 days after FlexJet furloughed pilots, and aviation is too small a world for those 2 events to have happened in a vacuum. We all feel the kick to the nuts, albeit at varying degrees of pain, when some of our fellow pilots lose their jobs, and the wounds were just too fresh for some before the next party started. And there is a lot of speculation that the NJA order will actually lead to further downsizing and furloughs...so in reality, what are we celebrating? Would you want to go out for a celebratory dinner if the same day you got a promotion you found our your wife got laid off? I think you'd probably tone down your celebration a little bit...

Is it your assumption that every VNY-TEB flight we do is done so at these rock bottom prices? And is it your assumption that someone paying $21k for a trans-con has just as much control over their flight as someone who is in our Guaranteed Access program?

Yes, we are pretty much in agreement.

I think what some are concerned about is that Netjet's may have pressured Bombardier to get out of the Fractional business in exchange for the order. XOJET never did anything of the kind. However, I'm sure they would have if they had that kind of clout. Business is business, but it sucks for those who lose their jobs over it.

Latest resources

Back