• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Best Chesseburger in the United States of America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bacon Cheeseburger at Toby Keith's in Mesa, AZ. Hamburger Habit in SBA is pretty good. In-n-out? Meh... Jalapeno/Cheddar or Bleu-Cheese burgers from the local upscale store, grilled at home over charcoal--not propane.

Best from a defunct establishment: The Chili Size (open faced chili cheeseburger with onions) at the Scenic Air Terminal in LAS. DAY-UUUM!

Default: ANY cheeseburger you have when you return from a multi-week trip to somewhere they don't have cheeseburgers. ;)

Good stuff.

TC

TC, are you a fellow Ditch Dog???

Oh. And In-n-Out blows...

Last few visits to In-n-Out were for a t-shirt.

Burgers in New Orleans

For years, the best was at "Port O' Call" (Esplanade Ave), but Chef John Besh's "Restaurant Luke" (St. Charles Ave) is now the leader, IMHO. :)

The Juicy Blucy burger from The Blue Door Pub in St. Paul, MN.

Angus burger stuffed with blue cheese and garlic. The one stuffed with jalapenos and pepperjack is good too. And unlike crappy fast food places, they have a wide selection of bottle and tap beer (lots of local brews).

Oh. And In-n-Out blows...

:beer: ;)

Gutshot--Not a "ditch dog" but I've never met one I didn't like. Just flew with a OZ/TWA/AA guy who flew the 402's for Scenic. Great guy.

I flew for StatesWest in '87 and we used the Scenic terminal. Good times--back when the Shorts was the biggest airplane you could take into Bullhead City and Havasu.

TC

Backyard BBQ Burger from Scotty's Brewhouse in Muncie/Bloomington/Indianapolis/West Lafayette, IN.

Best Burger and DEFINATELY the best ICECREAM!

A bit out in the middle of nowhere (but quite a scenic view both on the ground and from the air).....

Polar Scoops in Oneonta, NY (Identifier: N66, not far from Cooperstown)

The owner makes his burgers with 100% organic USDA PRIME beef. This is the top 1% of all beef in America. The restaurant is about 5 min ride down the hill from the airport. He has a whole host of different combinations of toppings/cheeses etc.

His iceream is even better! Puts Ben and Jerry's to shame!

Tell the owner Bart and Scott told ya about the place on this board!

:beer: ;)

Gutshot--Not a "ditch dog" but I've never met one I didn't like. Just flew with a OZ/TWA/AA guy who flew the 402's for Scenic. Great guy.

I flew for StatesWest in '87 and we used the Scenic terminal. Good times--back when the Shorts was the biggest airplane you could take into Bullhead City and Havasu.

TC

Rudy "The Shoe" refugee eh? What a scumbag that guy was. Knew a few guys over there.

I just saw two 402's flying for Cape Air that still have the same tail number as when I flew them in the Ditch NINETEEN years ago. Yikes.

But you're right about the chili-size. Didn't want to do a South Rim turn after one though. Especially in August.

Latest resources

Back