Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Airline Pilot Hat: What will become of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uhhh, no.

Thats the issue, the sucky pilots are covering up their weakness with your perceived "fact" that the hat makes them oh so much superior and better.

No, hats mean nothing, get over it. I don't care if you can't fly a Delta jet without one, just curious is there a no hat sensor in the cockpit?

Not sure your argument is valid. Your opinions are rhetorical. So we all should not wear the hat because we are doing a disservice to the poor performing pilots? How are the poor pilots covering up their performance? To whom? The pax? Only fellow pilots and check airman evaluate performance.

If the hat means nothing then why does it have an application to the "sucky" pilots?

If not the hat, then why the tie? Why not GAP khakis and a GAP polo shirt?

I'm bald and I sure don't miss my hat.

And who in their right mind is going to be worried about their hat in an evacuation?!?!
...Indiana Jones maybe

Wear the uniform and look professional.

If hats are optional, comply with the previous statement and wear the hat if you like. If hats are required, wear your hat and present a professional appearance with the ret of your uniform.

Hats are optional where I fly. I really don't care if the other guy wears a hat, or not. It is not a bog deal. We actually have FOs that will avoidance bid based upon the hat. What is this, seventh grade?

I am a hat guy. I usually get a complement from an FA (female) or passenger every trip regarding the hat.

The guys that wear the same shirt for four days, that is another story.

Rez, you are a truly a turd-polisher of the highest order. You are so enamored with the trappings of this profession; obviously you must not be able to fly worth a crap .:laugh:

Last edited:
I like to flaunt my receeding hairline. The hats look dorky. Even most Police agencies no longer have their officers wear a hat.
I think it looks ridiculous. Especially when one comes walking downstairs in the hotel lobby, and NOT in the airport, with a hat on their head.

If not the hat, then why the tie? Why not GAP khakis and a GAP polo shirt?

Sort of like many corporate/charter/private pilots! Are you suggesting that they are not professional?

This whole hat debate is old. Get over it. If you want to wear one, so be it. As for standing out in an airport...who gives a rats a$$. Id rather not be bothered with the ridiculous questions that people ask anyways. And if you cant point out the pilot where its important (on the plane), then you may have some other issues you have to take of.

I see the Skycap's are wearing hats. I can see your point. I would much rather be confused for a Skycap (which has happened thanks to my overcoat covering my REAL uniform, but thank god I had my hat on) instead of a Flight Attendant.

http://www.jaunted.com/files/admin/skycap.png

I suggest if you don't want to be confused for a Flight Attendant get a less fancy belt buckle and just plain laced leather shoes. Then you are golden! ;-)

I like to flaunt my receeding hairline. The hats look dorky. Even most Police agencies no longer have their officers wear a hat.
I think it looks ridiculous. Especially when one comes walking downstairs in the hotel lobby, and NOT in the airport, with a hat on their head.

It could just be the shape of your head. Not all are created for hats you know or is it the other way around. Therein usually lies the anguish to wearing the hat.

Face it. Long after you're gone the HAT will live on...

Latest resources

Back