Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terrorists are still trying to get us...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV80R

Watch out!

The filthy bastards are still trying to hurt us; folks be careful out there.

I bet this guy will get off the hook with some ACLU attorney claiming he needed the gun to protect himself from the right-wing, Islam-hating crusaders who disrespect the peace-loving Arabs by not converting to his religion en masse.

Then, he’ll file a multi-million dollar discrimination lawsuit and some Quisling ACLU puke will defend him pro-bona. …

Oh, did I mention I don’t like ACLU? ;)

Man charged with trying to bring gun on flight to Chicago
July 11, 2007
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.---- A man was charged with trying to bring a gun wrapped in aluminum foil and a towel aboard a plane at Jacksonville International Airport, according to authorities.

Ahmad Abdallah Abu Ghanam was on his way to Chicago, and then Jordan, on Monday when Transportation Security Administration workers found the .380-calibar semiautomatic gun in his checked luggage. The serial number had been scratched off, Michael Stewart, director of external affairs for the airport, said Tuesday.

Abu Ghanam told police he bought the weapon on the street a month ago and he did not realize the serial number was missing.

Travelers are allowed to check unloaded handguns as long as they are declared to airline employees and are stowed in special cases. Stewart said the discovery was a good sign because it shows an efficient system. ''The system worked. The attorneys and courts will handle it from here,'' Stewart said.

Abu Ghanam was charged with removal of a firearm serial number. He was being held on $10,003 bail, The Florida Times-Union reported.

Last edited:
Watch out!

The filthy bastards are still trying to hurt us; folks be careful out there.

I bet this guy will get off the hook with some ACLU attorney claiming he needed the gun to protect himself from the right-wing, Islam-hating crusaders who disrespect the peace-loving Arabs by not converting to his religion en masse.

Then, he’ll file a multi-million dollar discrimination lawsuit and some Quisling ACLU puke will defend him pro-bona. …

Oh, did I mention I don’t like ACLU? ;)

Man charged with trying to bring gun on flight to Chicago
July 11, 2007
BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
JACKSONVILLE, Fla.---- A man was charged with trying to bring a gun wrapped in aluminum foil and a towel aboard a plane at Jacksonville International Airport, according to authorities.

Ahmad Abdallah Abu Ghanam was on his way to Chicago, and then Jordan, on Monday when Transportation Security Administration workers found the .380-calibar semiautomatic gun in his checked luggage. The serial number had been scratched off, Michael Stewart, director of external affairs for the airport, said Tuesday.

Abu Ghanam told police he bought the weapon on the street a month ago and he did not realize the serial number was missing.

Travelers are allowed to check unloaded handguns as long as they are declared to airline employees and are stowed in special cases. Stewart said the discovery was a good sign because it shows an efficient system. ''The system worked. The attorneys and courts will handle it from here,'' Stewart said.

Abu Ghanam was charged with removal of a firearm serial number. He was being held on $10,003 bail, The Florida Times-Union reported.

Ummmm....if it was in his CHECKED luggage, how exactly was he going to use it??? Way to promote fear-mongering with your thread title.

You are right. I guess I missed the fact he hid it in his checked luggage since the article said he was “…trying to bring a gun…aboard a plane.”

Didn’t realize it was in his checked luggage, for that I apologize. My views on ACLU of course haven’t changed.

Oh, and I still think the terrorists will keep trying to hurt us...

Ummmm....if it was in his CHECKED luggage, how exactly was he going to use it??? Way to promote fear-mongering with your thread title.

Well....Abdul Mohammed Al-Jazeera in ORD that works the ramp gets it out or puts a pink tag on it or whatever you do for planeside checked bags for United. Then there you go.

Dave

You are right. I guess I missed the fact he hid it in his checked luggage since the article said he was “…trying to bring a gun…aboard a plane.”

Didn’t realize it was in his checked luggage, for that I apologize. My views on ACLU of course haven’t changed.

Oh, and I still think the terrorists will keep trying to hurt us...

I just HAD to give you crap on that, my friend. :D

I just HAD to give you crap on that, my friend. :D

I know, I was just embarrassed I missed the “checked bag” part in the article.

It’s all good, hope all is well in your world.

Oh, by the way - the statement in your signature about arm dealers… Aren’t you leaving out a country that’s not in the Security Council and sells lots of weapons to India and Pakistan among others? This country has been run by leftist governments for many years until very recently, and it’s also “neutral.” Hint – it’s not Norway. ;)

Oh, by the way - the statement in your signature about arm dealers… Aren’t you leaving out a country that’s not in the Security Council and sells lots of weapons to India and Pakistan among others? This country has been run by leftist governments for many years until very recently, and it’s also “neutral.” Hint – it’s not Norway. ;)

Sigh.....do I have to explain EVERYTHING??? :nuts:

The five that I posted......it's about the irony, my friend.....the irony.:beer:

The five that I posted......it's about the irony, my friend.....the irony.:beer:

Well, it's not that ironic. I think Germany exports more than China, but I could be wrong. At any rate, were they the biggest exporters WHEN they became security council members? Are they members because they export arms? Or does it have more to do with the size of their respective economies? Do the economies lead to more exports or vice versa? You're trying to draw a connection between arms sales and SC membership, but it's really a non-sequiter.

Oh well, like a lot of lefty slogans, it doesn't have to make sense, just sound good.

I thought you were refering to what the East MEC is trying to do to the West MEC and ALPA in general.

As for as negotiating with the East Side, most would agree that you could be more successful negotiating with a Terrorist.

Latest resources

Back