• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terminations at Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still don't get it. This captain was canned for what?

Even an "at will" employee would have little problem winning a wrongful termination law suit in this case as it has been presented.

Even non-union employees have to be fired "for cause". What was the cause?

GV

~

Last edited:
Raytheon has been on the block for quite a while. I commented on this previously in the Raytheon Sale? thread.

In late April 2001, Nick Chabraja, General Dynamics CEO and former lawyer, met with Hansel E. Tookes II, then Chairman and CEO of Raytheon Aircraft for the ostensible purpose of buying the business segment.

Hansel the Second,
a [FONT=arial, helvetica]Harvard grad, [/FONT] is son of Florida A&M legendary athletic director Hansel E. "Tootie" Tookes, and[FONT=arial, helvetica] is a former [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]U.S. Navy [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]P-3 Orion pilot[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica], United Airlines pilot and father to would be MTV "Real Life" participant and neurosurgeon Hansel E. Tookes III. He also has a mustache.

[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]When Nick said, "Hansel what's it going to take for me to go home with this airplane company?" Hansel replied, "Well Nick, how does $2.2 billion sound?"

Several days later, when Nick quit laughing, he announced that
[/FONT] General Dynamics would buy corporate jet manufacturer Galaxy Aerospace, jointly owned by Israel Aircraft Industries and the Pritzker family, for $330 million in cash, plus an additional $315 million by 2006, contingent upon Galaxy Aerospace sales.

GV

Anybody else still confused???

Yes. We obviously do not have the whole story. Seems unjustified by what we are told.

In the past at NJ we got the address to someone who was terminated before the Holidays and mailed money to them to get through the holiday. Just a suggestion.

Some had eventually got their job back....

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they didn't go after the FO. The captain was being the good company boy.

It just doesn't make sense.

the company thinks there are too many pilots. They have been trying to get people to quit for months so they don't have to lay-off anyone. Their plan has not worked how they thought, so now they are going after highly paid pilots in the large cabin fleet, and highly paid captains in other fleets to lean out the crew roster. There is a steady stream of "cuyahoga 1 arrivals" into cgf right now for many people. Some of the people did things wrong, and others are there to be intimidated. Flops pilots are in a fight, and management wants to send a message, get rid of some higher paid pilots, and generally punish the pilot force for voting in our union. I agree that there is more to the story for this one pilot...something doesn't make sense, however, the bigger issue is Flops management using strong armed tactics to try and silence the pilot group and force them to get on their bandwagon.

Latest resources

Back