Terminations at Flight Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Number 1.
What was the rest of the duty day scheduled to be like. There are a lot of operators that tell you they "want" "expect" you to be available at a certain time the following day (following 10hrs rest). If I am scheduled to do a 14+hrs that day beginning at 1230 (unlikely I know. ex. only), however, they want to attempt to "squeeze" a recovery at the front of my day, it would seem I would not be able to accept the "revision". There would need to be a whole new dispatch.

Number 2.
If he did it, it would be wrong on soooooo many levels. NOT ANSWERING THE HOTEL ROOM DOOR! Housekeeping??? right. I use every opportunity to spew abuse el hispanico for an inability to read and obey DO NOT DISTURB signs and carry a multi-lingual assortment of my own. When the Captain is knocking. COME ON. BE A MAN! Union or not. At a minimum take the opportunity to ask, "What the ehll are you doing accepting a trip without me. I could have left the room last night to go out and proposition minors for illicit acts and gotten arrested!

Number 3.
PIC. If your crew is not answering the phone or the door, he/she has slipped and bumped their head in the shower and are bleeding to death. Get a Manager to gain access to the room for "you feel for the safety and wellfare of your crewmate and it is unlike them to not heed calls, knocks emails or sunshine."

Number 4.
The regs clearly state that no air carrier may assign and no crew may accept and assignment [that breaches flight/duty time limits]. It however, does not state limits upon an air carrier from:
-contacting you during rest periods.
-screwing up your hotel reservations during rest periods.
-considerring travel, meal, or locally inclimate weather and subsequent transportation deficiencies between the airport and Hotel as a function of how much "rest" actually occurs during a rest period.

Number 5.
PIC had a host of alleged deficiencies and was simply trying to fill a hole with heroism or martardom. Dispatch knew this when they called and likely haden't this bloke as the first choice. However, given the opportunity he accepted without console with the rest of the crew. Dispatch should not have stopped seeking alternatives until the whole crew's availability could be secured. If a group wants to unionize, it needs the whole group to agree, pay dues, and vote. Seems the union joe wasn't sensitive to the needs of the deficient pilot to recoup some clout by helping out the company in a bind. If it was without breach of regs, within the scope of the RON and duty, rest and otherwise would not require overtime or violate initiatives of the impending union. Do it. You can't expect everyone to support your agenda if you cannot support theirs. It is called team WORK. United we stand and divided we WILL Fall.

100-1/2

Last edited:
Number 3.
PIC. If your crew is not answering the phone or the door, he/she has slipped and bumped their head in the shower and are bleeding to death. Get a Manager to gain access to the room for "you feel for the safety and wellfare of your crewmate and it is unlike them to not heed calls, knocks emails or sunshine."

100-1/2[/quote]

If anyone unexpectedly makes repeated attempts to rouse you to your door during your rest period you should feel threatened. Promptly contact the front desk and advise them that you feel threatened and to send security. Then inform them that you are going to call 911 after you hang up to follow up their security in the case of the need for backup.

Latest resources

Back