• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't gain sh!t out of this deal. A small bump of 3% globally is a joke. Don't upgrade any earlier and NO monetary gain. NONE.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. Like you were owed something from this. There's a reason your side used threats/ultimatums to twist arms during negotiations. If you went to an arbitrator with that argument, you would've been laughed out of the negotiating room. You sound like a bunch of spoiled children..."some of them got a raise so I want their seniority"...that would've got you nowhere and SWAPA/management knew it. That's when they decided to play in the gutter.

Congratulations, you acted like a $kumbag and won.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds. Like you were owed something from this. There's a reason your side used threats/ultimatums to twist arms during negotiations. If you went to an arbitrator with that argument, you would've been laughed out of the negotiating room. You sound like a bunch of spoiled children..."some of them got a raise so I want their seniority"...that would've got you nowhere and SWAPA/management knew it. That's when they decided to play in the gutter.

Congratulations, you acted like a $kumbag and won.

I acted like a scumbag? I had very little choice in the matter.

I voted No.

I jumpseat on a regional every week. Nobody expresses any interest in SW. In fact, they often ask me if I'm going to apply at one of the legacies.

Careful, the cult will excommunicate you!

I jumpseat on a regional every week. Nobody expresses any interest in SW. In fact, they often ask me if I'm going to apply at one of the legacies.
Why is everyone so concerned about this? I couldn't give a rats a$$ whether or not people are clamoring to get on at SWA or shunning the airline like the plague.

I like my job and the people I work with. I have been compensated at the higher end of all narrow body operators in this country for the better part of a decade. It works for me and I am happy to be here. If SWA is not a perspective new hires cup of tea it means nothing to me personally. Thousands are still lining up to get a job at SWA but even if they weren't it does nothing to tarnish my outlook about my personal job satisfaction.

You know Freight, I really don't care what your W-2 says. I could personally make my W-2 100k, or closer to 200k by working hard. And that's what I do, and it's not for everybody.

This deal varied across the seniority spectrum. It varied so much because everyone has personal preferences and what's important to them...personally. There's just no way that everyone was going to be 100% happy. It's long over and done with.

If as a FAT you were forced into a commute, that sucks. If you were a junior CA that lost your seat with no quick way to get it back, that sucks. I didn't gain sh!t out of this deal. A small bump of 3% globally is a joke. Don't upgrade any earlier and NO monetary gain. NONE. But why would I come on here and complain years later like some? Have at it if it makes you feel better.

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm merely refuting your continued blathering about gains. Co pilots got a pay increase line holding captains did not. I've talked to enough of them who have crossed over long before me to know my situation is /will be no different. I guess if you repeat yourself long enough you think it will become truth. A 3 percent gain is better than a 32 per cent loss which is what the captains around my seniority got, along with loss of seat, airplane, base and PAY. So since it's over, why don't you shut your trap about chit you know nothing about? We'll all get along much better

Latest resources

Back