• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Removes B737 Type Requirment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It may not be a 'windfall' for many...but some, yes...some no. It depends on each individual circumstance.

Most FO's are making a lot more cash (you guys topped out at 79/hr). Do they have to commute for it? It depends on where they live. Junior AirTran FO in Chicago? He's driving to work and making 80% more.

Former AirTran ATL Captain? He might be commuting to another base and waiting to get back in the left seat. He lost some pay, but will make substantially more in the long run. At least 1 Million more for his career. No way AirTran was getting close to SW pay in negotiations. That may not even include Profit Sharing.

There are too many scenarios to paint with too broad a brush, but many AirTran guys are making more than they every would have at AirTran.

Thanks for saying you're enjoying things so far. I honestly hope that's the case for your career at Southwest. 98% of the guys here are awesome. We too have our 2%. They stick out so much it won't take long to figure it out!

Welcome aboard. Thanks for not bringing PCL.

I haven't experienced the 2% yet. Everyone has been extremely nice and fun to fly with. Even the slam clickers. I was a junior fo at the tran. I drove to work. I now commute, spend more days on the road, pay for parking at 2 airports and hotels at base. Believe it or not it's a small raise for a lot more time away from home. I agree its a good place to work but..........It's not the same for all.

Southwest is a great place to work- we all agree on that

When Redclown spouts off on all the raises we got he's talkin out of his ass as usual- we all agree on on that

Since we're all in agreement, let's move on to the next subject-can I get an amen?

Southwest is a great place to work- we all agree on that

When Redclown spouts off on all the raises we got he's talkin out of his ass as usual- we all agree on on that

Since we're all in agreement, let's move on to the next subject-can I get an amen?

I'm sorry your ego get's the best of you Freight.

Hopefully your wife still loves you even though your not a Captain anymore. It must be horrible.

....yea, let's move on.

Coolest thing...
I woke up this morning,got out of bed to start the day. My legs worked and I went about my day. Count your blessings and quit over thinking all of this! PLZ! You/we have no control (ultimate scheme of things) on how our lives will eventually work out..

Coolest thing...
I woke up this morning,got out of bed to start the day. My legs worked and I went about my day. Count your blessings and quit over thinking all of this! PLZ! You/we have no control (ultimate scheme of things) on how our lives will eventually work out..
Well said, there is so much in life we have no control over, to let these upset you is just not worth it.

It may not be a 'windfall' for many...but some, yes...some no. It depends on each individual circumstance.

He's driving to work and making 80% more.

Former AirTran ATL Captain? He might be commuting to another base and waiting to get back in the left seat. He lost some pay, but will make substantially more in the long run. At least 1 Million more for his career. No way AirTran was getting close to SW pay in negotiations. That may not even include Profit Sharing.

speculation and BS...but that's nothing new for you.

speculation and BS...but that's nothing new for you.

How's this for speculation.....

I have NEVER....yes never, heard of one Tranny complain about their new paycheck. Not pilot or FA. Huge difference my friend, and they know it. That's why they keep their piehole closed while out on line. Those are facts.

AirTran FO's went from 79/hr to around 120-150/hr.
AirTran CA's went from 152/hr to 152.76/hr senior FO rate...then (if senior enough) will bid back to the left seat making 217/hr.

Those are the facts as well -9 Capt. Cry me a river.

The only Airtan guys that are really pissed are those guys that were the most junior CA's. I get that. It's over. Hold on to that anger as long as you need. Southwest will enhance the career earnings of every AirTran pilot vs. where you were headed....by far. If you don't understand that, then maybe it would be best to seek counseling.

Last edited:
What an a$shole.

Latest resources

Back