Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly.........

I am well into the top 1/3.

Except for a few scabs inserted on the list in front of me, I certainly wasn't "harmed" (which is definitely much better than the junior guys got), but to say I gained anything in this acquisition is a stretch of the definition......

The only movement I've seen lately is due, completely, to the retirements finally kicking in.

You received a greater seniority % spot on the list and more choices of trips due to the much larger company and increasing number of destinations not seen had the acquisition not happened. Don't bs us otherwise.

Exactly. They'll never admit it, though.

You received a greater seniority % spot on the list and more choices of trips due to the much larger company and increasing number of destinations not seen had the acquisition not happened. Don't bs us otherwise.

That's one of the weakest arguments I've seen in awhile Jon. It shows you really don't understand how the SW lines work.

If he's in the top third, and he wants weekends off...he already had them. Otherwise the lines are pretty much all the same. The only real difference in being that senior would be bidding on premium time. He got no upward movement to help him there.

New destinations? Who cares? I could care less whether I fly to Lubbock or Cancun. Would it be a better overnight in the Caribbean? Sure...but that's all you're left with in this flimsy argument for a senior dude.

I just wish I could have doubled my salary. Oh well.

Last edited:
How is having a larger trip pool not a good thing, especially if you're looking for certain qualities. You may be able to gain more credit by flying longer legs, or a trip that starts late/finishes early so you can go to your kid's baseball game without needing to bid that day off.

Lol. If I didn't know that there was an SLI, nothing in my world has changed enough that would tell me otherwise.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this " larger trip pool" bs from.

I am still flying the same trips, bidding against the same guys and if anything, I have less [i/] flexibility since the SLI., but I don't think that has much to do with the SLI..

I do get to go to some awesome new cities, like ICT, FNT, GRR, DSM etc. though, so there's that, I guess.

I got nothing.

Last edited:
Exactly. They'll never admit it, though.

You have become even dumber since you left the airlines. Has the pilot group at SWA benefited any in the past several years? The addition of the -800 has taken seats that were normally flown by more pilots, therefore our overall flying has remained FLAT. If we took ALL of the AAI airplanes we might have seen an increase in our flying, we didn't. The company just loves stupid pilots like jonjuan to keep playing the shell game with, I was hoping we wouldn't end up like that. Now I'm really glad you never set foot on the property, and even happier you never had a chance to speak for the pilots at SWA. You are the perfect Management STOOGE.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this " larger trip pool" bs from.

Nobody with a brain gets their BS. There are plenty of moronic pilots popping up everyday. :roll eyes:

"Larger trip pool" now thats Fu(king funny. :laugh:

Now I'm really glad you never set foot on the property, and even happier you never had a chance to speak for the pilots at SWA. You are the perfect Management STOOGE.

Glad is an understatement. I was ecstatic. Took the wife out for filet mignon and single malt scotch. Nice silver lining.

Latest resources

Back