• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Nov DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to all. Hired well over 500 this year. Will hire 500 in '07 for 37 planes and 130 retirements. Year 1 - Turkey Day and Christmas off.

But, if you had the tpye, that may have made the difference. You will never know. Just keep pushing, you will get where you are meant to be eventually.

Based on my observations from the sidelines of three friends who interviewed at SWA, the type/no-type does not play a factor during the "Did he pass the interview" question.

But who knows. Maybe Kit Darby

For those that do get the letter. There is no way any airline can hire, train, and OE, 500 to 600 guys every year. Somewhere along the pipeline things are going to get jammed up and the hiring is going to have to slow. So if you didn't get it this year be sure and jump right on it as soon as you qualify, you may find that you really didn't loose that many numbers in the percentage of the whole. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes it is the tree of life. Hang in there it will be worth it.

Sorry, no info.

I know a couple guys that got the call last week. I hope you all get the call you seek.

I've tried twice and want another try. I've seen the letter you fear, and it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Seriously, though...

To all who get the letter: Don't stop your life for it, but keep trying when you can. I know it is worth it.

To all who got or will get the call: Don't forget the little guys who helped get you there. Before you leave for the big time, make a list of the pilots you know who you would want to fly with again. Those who go the extra mile for their crew, their pax, and their company. Keep them in mind and help them when it's their turn to sweat in a blue suit.

Good luck.

I know of at least one call as well that went out today. Don't give up the faith!

Calls did go out today!!

Looking forward to adding a little "cajun seasoning" to the mix!!!

See you guys soon!!

BigEasy

Keep the chins up still! I haven't gotten the call (yet) however calls are still happening today. Friend twice removed was called this a.m. by Orlando CP. There is still hope, I think....

Latest resources

Back