• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are turning this into some sorta troll fest.

Not at all. But if you want to go around telling other people what decisions they should be making in their lives, don't expect them to take it too kindly.

Yeah well I should have just went private with this. I am tired from a long week, and did not think it would go on and on.

I will just say I have run into so many pilots who got out of it cause they could not break out of the General Aviation level only to get back in years later. I know you might find that hard to believe, but I have been in this during some hard times, and yeah we had some hard times, but not really at this level. The furloughs were short for us, and even shorter at PNCL. It is really rare for someone to just walk away at this level, and I would think the regret later on would be that much worse. It is however not unheard of. It is more about guys getting fired and spending thousands to get their jobs back.

This was not about being kind, but I hope it helped. I have not read everything on this troll board, but I doubt anyone else called you out on leaving. It is so self loathing on FI.

Anyway I should have went private with it. Mistake.

Yeah this turned into a hijack of the thread, but it is 22 pages long already.

Last edited:
Mid 6 figures? $500,000 a year to fly 200 hours? Where do I sign up?

Funny awhile back when we were discussing Spirit you called me a quitter for leaving United and its BS union problems behind. Maybe now you are getting s sense of what I felt a few years ago. Anyway if you can find a Part 135 charter gig for a few years it can pretty easily shoehorn into a nice coprporate gig. Mid six figures, nice equipment, fly 200 hours a year. It sure beats working for a living. The airlines seem like a bad dream.

I will admit flying 135 was not a lot of fun but it was over pretty quickly. You can't help but make contacts sitting around FBO's. Once you get an in, stuff like contract work or better paying jobs seem to fall into your lap. It's really nice to be able to choose from a few job offers rather than go to the bottom like changing airline jobs and with contract work its easy to make an extra $800 to $1200 a day when you want to. Just a thought.

I lowered my expectations of this industry years ago. I put a lot more importance and satisfaction in other things. It makes this so much easier.

Maybe you mistake my passion for how feked up PNCL was operationally when I got there compared to this place. I like to think my advocacy helped with the positive changes there, but for some of it unfortunately it took an accident for others to see what I was talking about. I wonder about where we are going recently too with recent news in that respect. As for AAI you have not seen me on the radar much like message boards or making stinks. Out of the lime light as much as I can. And why be in it with the FOQA data we have.

You are dodging the QOL issues.

I am already retired. When I get older I will have to slow it down some cause I will be slower physically. But hopefully the kids are on their own. As for just a job. That will happen if I lose my medical and have to come out of retirement. I do not let the Stevos and double breasted suites define retirement. That is a subjective thing and that I give back to you.

I am trying to find out where you think these greener pastures are at? The grass is not always greener on the other side.

This QOL issue is a made up thing in your head. The poor little single guy can't handle the commute to Callie or Vegas for a few years. Are you f'ing kidding me?

Fek= f'ing btw.

Doing this just for the money. Well did you realize the odds on that before you signed up for the long haul. And you are how old? Doing this just for the money is the sad part, and I still think you are full of sh!t just like the others spewing this "woe is me" cry baby crap. You just started shaving when you upgraded in the CRJ you young fek. I can't believe a guy with 30+ years left is crying about QOL.

Give me a feking break.

You are giving them what they want.

I see what you are saying but airline flying does not have to be the end all in aviation. I though I would be an airline pilot all my life until I actually did it. I got furloughed (horrible at the time but now probably the best thing that happened to me) and wound up with 135 gig, then a corporate job and never looked back. When I listen to what you guys put up with I just shake my head and ask "why?"

There are a lot of other avenues to explore. I have friends that went into aircraft sales, production test flying, instructing, CBP, or consulting and never looked back. We laugh about the airline BS we used to put up with and worry about. It all seems so trivial now (I mean no offense, I know its your livelihood).

I mean if you guys are wrapped up in 2% versus 2.3% or if you are going to be 4300 or 4301 on a seniority list, did you think of exploring different opportunities? There is a lot of different opportunities out there if you can get out of the mindset that if things don't work at Air Express you will have to go work at Express Air.

Yeah, I'm starting to give more credence to the distressed carrier title

You know when that title was earned, right dicko?

Every carrier involved in a purchase/merger of another carrier is deemed distressed by the FAA. You'd know that, since you're a self proclaimed veteran of the industry.

SWA was having issues in flight ops long before AirTran was saved. What's your next excuse Wave ? A unicorn wearing an AirTran hat buggered you on the way to work ?

Have any AirTran pilots been involved in your last string of events ? The answer is ....... No.

I see what you are saying but airline flying does not have to be the end all in aviation. I though I would be an airline pilot all my life until I actually did it. I got furloughed (horrible at the time but now probably the best thing that happened to me) and wound up with 135 gig, then a corporate job and never looked back. When I listen to what you guys put up with I just shake my head and ask "why?"

There are a lot of other avenues to explore. I have friends that went into aircraft sales, production test flying, instructing, CBP, or consulting and never looked back. We laugh about the airline BS we used to put up with and worry about. It all seems so trivial now (I mean no offense, I know its your livelihood).

I mean if you guys are wrapped up in 2% versus 2.3% or if you are going to be 4300 or 4301 on a seniority list, did you think of exploring different opportunities? There is a lot of different opportunities out there if you can get out of the mindset that if things don't work at Air Express you will have to go work at Express Air.

You sound like your still trying to convince your self you made the right choice .

By how much your on an airline Fourm , I think you have a long way to go in convincing yourself. :)

Latest resources

Back