• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA lands at wrong Branson Airport

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've actually done a bit of work with the gatekeepers and have worked with foqa/fdap managers industry wide-
So....
Should I still re-read that?

SWA IMHO is like a CAT who has used up 8 of 9 lives. How much longer can they get away with their feisty little mistakes?
A quick google search of: "What US airline is safest?", SWA consistently is near the top globaly and certainly one of the best ranked US airlines. So in answer to your question about how long can they get away with their little mistakes I will say a long time since their record is consistently near the top of the heap when measuring safety.

For leading U.S. carriers, there are a whole lot of flights, few incidents and even fewer accidents. So, while it's possible to say mathematically that Southwest outranks US Airways, the difference between Southwest's 0.0000203 and US Airways' 0.0000212 is?small. Too small to have real-world significance, it's a splitting of hairs so tiny as to require nano-tweezers.
Rankings Show Airline Safety Record

AirTran, Incidents per flight: 0.0000196
Southwest, Incidents per flight: 0.0000203
US Airways, Incidents per flight: 0.0000212
Continental, Incidents per flight: 0.0000260
Delta, Incidents per flight: 0.0000386
United Airlines, Incidents per flight: 0.0000407
American Airlines, Incidents per flight: 0.0000701
--Source: FAA and NTSB

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/safe...ays-safest-fewest-incidents/story?id=13347280

Southwest Airlines

Southwest has not reported a fatality in its operating history, according to the Consumer Warning Network, making it the safest major airline in the world. Southwest ranks at number two on ABC's safest airline list as well, with a 0.0000203 percent chance of an incident on its flights.
http://traveltips.usatoday.com/list-safest-airlines-100073.html

#2 Southwest Airlines-Country, USA
http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2013/02/15/countdown-safest-us-airlines.html?s=image_gallery

No. 3 Southwest (tie)

32 points
Long a passenger favorite, Southwest has proven that a low-cost, no-frills airline can also excel when it comes to safety. One of the few large U.S. airlines that doesn?t charge for the first or second checked bag, the Texas-based carrier has a reputation for jolly cabin crew as well as innovative seating and boarding.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-safest-airlines/5

How many -800's have you flown dicko?

Zero.

Like all AirTran 73 pilots, we've received differences training on it in the sim.We starting that about eight years ago. Yes, I'm familiar with the higher approach speeds etc.

You understand the point I was making. How is your question relevant ?

I like sidestepping as much as the next guy, but if you want to cover all your bases, you should review the landing data for that runway and cover it in your brief.

The only surprise I like is what's on tap at the hotel. :D

Why would you be surprised by something that's always an option

Zero.

Like all AirTran 73 pilots, we've received differences training on it in the sim.We starting that about eight years ago. Yes, I'm familiar with the higher approach speeds etc.

You understand the point I was making. How is your question relevant ?

Well, my point is you and I have both tail skidded the same number of -800's
What was your point?

Well, my point is you and I have both tail skidded the same number of -800's
What was your point?

That we should be deeply concerned by a continuing trend that's heading in the wrong direction. My fear is that we're not evolving fast enough.

That we should be deeply concerned by a continuing trend that's heading in the wrong direction. My fear is that we're not evolving fast enough.

Yeah, I'm starting to give more credence to the distressed carrier title

You know when that title was earned, right dicko?

Thanks kernel

Had one of those out of El Paso last week

Damn cartel almost orphaned my kid, but I had that emergency takeoff ready to roll

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back