SWA eyes DAL gates @ DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flint4xx said:
25 years or age 50. Add two more to your estimate. And the only way to maximize that retirement is to stay to age 57. AND your wife wears the pants...:p
"25 years at any age", under the current retirement system (versus the other one which was phased out). I joined the other place at 23, so that puts me at 48 coming out of this place.

http://www.opm.gov/fers_election/ri_90/f_seg.htm

I may try to shift gears and try new aviation challenges somewhere else or I may just move to Sante Fe, NM and practice my golf swing and see how life is without having to go to work everyday (or at all). :)

how many years is required for vesting/qualify for pension at SWA? I will have 12 years of "service life" when I retire from Aviation Career 1 and possibly move to Career 2.

later

** my wife is wearing my pants as we speak. However, ever since I started to let her do that, my life actually got better and became chilled out. Argue all day and then let the wife get what she wants or save 5000 calories and just give her what she wants immediately? Took me a few years to figure that out....:p

Last edited:
Acquiring MORE airplanes
Hiring Pilots
Expanding their route map
etc

So what? How many now troubled airlines were doing all this at some point?

Latest resources

Back