SWA eyes DAL gates @ DFW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
miles otoole said:
And there we have it. The discovery that management at WN isn't thinking beyond next week. If you haven't noticed, the landscape has significantly changed. The playbook has to be tweaked to remain competitive. It's simply corporate evolution.
In fairness to SWA, they haven't really said much of anything in regards to DFW. The media has concocted most of this buzz. They probably won't deny it either as it puts all the other competitors on notice that they'll defend themselves in Dallas regardless of the airport.

I've got an idea, now remember it's just an idea.

Why don't we wait and see which airline will pick up these open gates left by Delta? Who knows what will happen? Maybe no one will use them. Maybe 7 different airlines will split them. Only time will tell.

I know it's human nature to try and figure everything out before it happens, especially with pilots, but be patient. Can't we all just get along?

Crandall

never would have dreamed that LUV would threaten AA at AA's home stadium. He tried all sorts of legal measures to bury LUV, and at one point even flew AA jets out of KDAL (which didn't last long)

LUV will literally be competing head to head with AA at DFW, with Eagle RJ's in particular (DFW-MAF, DFW-LBB, DFW-CRP, etc). This would be interesting.

In any event, fast forward, Crandall is gone, out of the picture, AA was one hour from Ch.11 filing in March 2003 until pilots agreed to concessions, UAL is Ch.11, US Airways is Ch.11 and likely ceased ops in early 2005, etc, etc, and guess who is

Acquiring MORE airplanes
Hiring Pilots
Expanding their route map
etc

SOUTHWEST

Do not, DO NOT, underestimate LUV's acumen (sp?) and business sense.

Last edited:
satpak77 said:
Acquiring MORE airplanes
Hiring Pilots
Expanding their route map
etc

SOUTHWEST

Do not, DO NOT, underestimate LUV's acumen (sp?) and business sense.
And you want to putz around in King Airs for 20 more years...:rolleyes::D

I think we'd be well recieved there. The Eagle guys would I'm sure be more than polite to us, since most of them have resumes in with us.

The die-hard cranks at AA will be there to gripe on the radio about us, but the fact that we're consistantly nice to ATC only accentuates the crank's BS.

dammmmmmmmm

flint4xx said:
And you want to putz around in King Airs for 20 more years...:rolleyes::D
dude cut me some slack, wifey is not pro-airline and I admittedly am pleased with 100K till the last day and retire at age 48 with pension and benefits. By then you will be CP at the new FLL pilot base :) and I will send you my resume!

be safe bro

satpak77 said:
dude cut me some slack, wifey is not pro-airline and I admittedly am pleased with 100K till the last day and retire at age 48 with pension and benefits. By then you will be CP at the new FLL pilot base :) and I will send you my resume!

be safe bro
25 years or age 50. Add two more to your estimate. And the only way to maximize that retirement is to stay to age 57. AND your wife wears the pants...:p

DFW E Concourse

DL's operation on DFW E Concourse is leased, not owned. I have been told by a few people at DFW the price is around $3m/yr. It's going to take some cash to get the entire operation cleaned up after we leave because the entire satellite and central part of the horseshoe have been configured for the RJs. Some of the jetways and other terminal components just look like crap. The satellite is trash too on the lower levels.

Oh, and good luck to whoever fills in the slack in dealing with the slowtaxi AA maddogs....there goes my underblock....

Latest resources

Back