Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HA25

Tokyo Tokyo!
It would be great if he also told the truth. Hoe about mention of how the Usair pilots in 1997, gave away the "regional" flying so they could get United plus 1%.

"When you go on a regional airline, you're not achieving the same level of safety that we have at the major airlines," Sullenberger said. "At the regionals, you don't have the same robust safety system in which we operate that you do with the large major airlines. So we still have not, in spite of our best efforts, achieved what we call 'one level of safety.' They're simply not the same."

I didn't watch the video, just read the article. What exactly did he say that is untrue? I fly for a bottom feeder and can attest to the FACT that safety really doesn't mean ********************. From the god-awful scheduling practices, shady maintenance and cockpits full of pissed off 300 hour wonders, there is NO question that safety is severely compromised at the ******************** bag regionals.

"When you go on a regional airline, you're not achieving the same level of safety that we have at the major airlines," Sullenberger said. "At the regionals, you don't have the same robust safety system in which we operate that you do with the large major airlines. So we still have not, in spite of our best efforts, achieved what we call 'one level of safety.' They're simply not the same."

I didn't watch the video, just read the article. What exactly did he say that is untrue? I fly for a bottom feeder and can attest to the FACT that safety really doesn't mean ********************. From the god-awful scheduling practices, shady maintenance and cockpits full of pissed off 300 hour wonders, there is NO question that safety is severely compromised at the ******************** bag regionals.

This pretty much sums it up nicely.

Sorry but don't agree w/ the 'great' Sully! At ASA We have a damn good safety record, and safety is stressed. We do have our problems once in while, like ALL airlines do, including the majors. Could some things be improved? Of course they can, and they're being addressed.

Sully wasn't talking about ASA/XJT. He was talking about regionals...not SUPER regionals.

Sorry but don't agree w/ the 'great' Sully! At ASA We have a damn good safety record, and safety is stressed. We do have our problems once in while, like ALL airlines do, including the majors. Could some things be improved? Of course they can, and they're being addressed.

My regional is awesome, therefore they are all fine.

Latest resources

Back