Stupid Airline Slogans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by skylane58
"Yeah, you thought it was rain."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get it.

(Nice avatar, though...)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delt Ebonics. Look it up on one of the file shareing networks (bearshare, Morpheus, Kazza)

It came from ghetto delta, look it up you might get it then.

And I might as well explain my signature while Im at it, It came from am episode of the Simpsons.

Memories!

Bringing back some hilarious memories from the time when Delta was having all kinds of problems and was the butt of more jokes.

I recall when they had the incidents with landings at the wrong airport and the slogan at the time was "Delta gets you there". That one had to be changed because everyone would laugh and say "Delta gets you close".

Others that I can recall were:

"So that's what all the buttons are for?"

D. E. L. T. A. = Don't Ever Leave The Airport

One joke was about Delta's old vision standard for pilots (20/20 uncorrected) and of course after landing at the wrong airport, one of the comments I liked was "Delta: We can See but We Can't Think".

I am glad to say that Delta has come a long way from those dark days of accidents and incidents.

Kilomike

I remember back when United and Continental were trying to kill each other at Denver-Stapleton. United employees were wearing "TORQUE" pins, which stood for "Try Our Real Quality United Experience."

On the back of the pin was an image of a Continental MD-80 with a giant screw driven through it.

Delta *has* come a long way

I'd never bash Delta--love 'em to death--but some of those slogans were pretty funny--and could be said about almost any other airline.

"Fly XYZ: The kids just love our big yellow slides..."

A few years ago Delta landed at McDill AFB insted of Tampa Intl. Oops!!

DELTA:

Don't
Ever
Land
There
Again

-9Capt said:
DELTA: Don't Ever Land There Again
Don't forget "Destroy Every Living Tree Available." (Man, the paperwork!)

And "Deny Every Logical Thought? Absolutely!" (This probably came from someone who deals with a lot of gate agents...)

Latest resources

Back