Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grizz said:
Here's the rest of the story -

1- 50 % of the pilots would be on a 6 on 4 off schedule, and this schedule is the only one we find anyone making near 105K. A 6 and 4 schedule works out to 219 days a year. 6 and 6 schedule pilots would be about $86K, with all the following costs as well.
2- You will buy your Health Insurance out of the salary.
3- No hourly Overtime, insuring as many 14 hour days as possible
4- Any extended days you elect will be paid at a daily rate and not time and a half

Do you "buy" your benefits now? (I honestly dont know)

The Union and Company negotiate a new contact. Give a little get a little. You want more pay you give up some. Sounds fair right? Im thinking dsptchrNJA was right

It's not about a new contract anymore, is it? It's about vengence. Gonna make the company pay now, huh? You don't appear to want a better contract anymore. You actually WANT to strike?

I'm just amazed that two "dispatchers" have all this info from negotiations that concluded 4 hours ago in LA. This should be the most telling thing to guys on the sidelines. Pretty well connected for guys that are paid to prepare flight plans...

Grizz said:
I'm just amazed that two "dispatchers" have all this info from negotiations that concluded 4 hours ago in LA. This should be the most telling thing to guys on the sidelines. Pretty well connected for guys that are paid to prepare flight plans...

LOL - you don't see me complaining about my pay - LOL

j/k

All I had to do was read about it like everyone else. Not sure you have a valid point. Is that the real issue?

Last edited:
nevermind - not worth it.

Last edited:
Grizz said:
A 5th year Captain in 1998 earned $5082 a month before overtime. If we did nothing but apply a COLA equal to the percentage increases in the monthly management fees charged to owners, a 5th year Captain would be making $96,743 now.....

That puts him in the 1% wealthiest people in the world bracket. How's that for comparison?

Last edited:
I-R-DXR said:
You base the increase in salary on percentage increase in MM fee? That math just doesnt sound right.

The yearly increase in monthly management fees is there to cover increased costs. The increased costs include a COLA adjustment for pilot salaries. NetJets hasn't passed those on to us since 1998 but we know what they are and are factoring them into the equation. It sounds right to everyone except a company toady.

Grizz said:

Well said Grizz - rule #1 of warfare - know your enemy ...

Agree with Grizz

Grizz said:

I agree.... I was thinking the same thing before Grizz posted the above. In reading these posts from the sidelines, I was amazed that I'm finding the most info on near real-time pilot-union management negotitations from Netjets' dispatchers. Additionally, there seems to be quite a bit of emotion from those who aren't directly involved.

Maybe the info is floating around somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

Grizz said:
The yearly increase in monthly management fees is there to cover increased costs. The increased costs include a COLA adjustment for pilot salaries. NetJets hasn't passed those on to us since 1998 but we know what they are and are factoring them into the equation. It sounds right to everyone except a company toady.

Are you suggesting the yearly increase in MM fees will cover what you are asking?

No COLA since 98? What do you call 10% raise each year if it does not cover COLA.

Latest resources

Back