Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
probably not the best joke right now.

Things are going to be interesting for the next couple of weeks/months.

Fracster said:
Hey lemming, don't you have some flight to dispatch to a closed airport???

Dude that's just getting SOOO old.​

Yes Im still here - Maybe become I - R - PILOT ???​

I asked some questions that I honestly wanted to know. I get called a flamer, hack, Okey - you name it. Yall could have just said we cant answer question #bla bla due to bla bla bla. It has become even MORE obvious that if you post here and you are not 100% SU you will get flamed. I tried not to take sides on this. I came here to try and get some answers. I got barely nada except a big bag of $hut the *uck up you hack.​

Yep Im really seeing your side now guys. Your professionalism is abound here. By the way thanks for getting rid of "Some Dude". He made every NJ pilot look awful.​

Then NJwife er whatever tells me to watch from the sideline - Are you kidding me? She doesn't even work for NJ and she is driving around to the zoo in OMA for a rally - then posting 300+ here. I call that involved.​

That's her choice - and great for her but don't think she is still uninvolved.​

As for my job - nope I truly don't think Ill have a vacation. I release an A/C not a Captain. They man the plane - I release it. That simple​

For the record Id rather do it with the current group, not new ones.​

.​

Last edited:
go go gadget flame vest

./superflamevest

I'm kind of confused here, a strike has to end one way or another, either the union gives in, the company give in, or the company go's out of business. So what are you saying if the union loses the battle there will be a mass exodus?

Rumor mill says the latest offer was six figures after 5 years as a Cpt.

is that true?

Here's the rest of the story -

1- 50 % of the pilots would be on a 6 on 4 off schedule, and this schedule is the only one we find anyone making near 105K. A 6 and 4 schedule works out to 219 days a year. 6 and 6 schedule pilots would be about $86K, with all the following costs as well.
2- You will buy your Health Insurance out of the salary.
3- No hourly Overtime, insuring as many 14 hour days as possible
4- Any extended days you elect will be paid at a daily rate and not time and a half

I-R-DXR I appreciate your company stance, you have no reason not to feel the way you do. Bottom line is, you and I have no say on what the company brings to the table. Further more, you have no vote on the CBA, which leaves you on the sidelines. A strike is not what I came here for and I hope it doesnt happen. I am willing to take it that far to see if RTS and BB have the resolve. If they do, I will find something different and feel good about myself.

As far as the 6 figures at year 5, look into the details and you will find that it's just smoke and mirrors and is just a company propaganda piece. If you subtracted all your benefits from your current salary how much would you have left????

We have no choice but to fight for what we are worth as professionals. This has gone on too long to bend over now and take it! I for one, will not!

Diesel said:
probably not the best joke right now.

Things are going to be interesting for the next couple of weeks/months.

My serious comments were in the Looking for advice.... thread.

But if you want to get serious about the bargaining discussion, what's up with the Chairman of the MEC balking at the companies presentation and leaving the room!?!? What's up with him refusing (again) to have the companies finances reviewed by an independent third party? What's up with refusing significant increases in SIC pay and 6 figures for 5 yr captains?

It's not about a new contract anymore, is it? It's about vengence. Gonna make the company pay now, huh? You don't appear to want a better contract anymore. You actually WANT to strike?

Let's see, more money and I still get to fly my jet around when I'm not on my days off.... or... let's see.. no pay, no benefits, probationary record, jeapordize my family and work associates, and I get to carry a sign around telling people it's not fair.

Tough choice guys... you might need to think this one over.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back