• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop Bashing Gulfstream

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If there is a place that is on par with Gulfstream, it sure is Mesa. They are no better in any way. Those guys, or at least alot of them, shelled out alot more than Gulfstream to work there. (and please stop with the diploma from San Juan crap, those pace guys buy nothing more than a job) And they are a very large airline, that has set the bar WAY to low.

I would never hold anything against a pilot individually for their career choices, I am sure there are great Mesa and Gulfstream guys and gals, (more gals:D ), but the Mesa people will get a lot more shlt from me. No question.

This Texas PC guy is a flame bait trol anyways. I call BS.

Mesa MAPD is not PFT, its an ab initio program with an interview at the end of the program that a candidate must successfully pass in order to recieve employment. At its very worst PACE is pay-for-interview, which DOES NOT guarantee any employment.

Gulfstream and TAB Express are PFT, much like XJT, Comair, ASA, CHQ, and (until recently) Colgan used to be. MAPD is no more PFT than Comair/DCA, FlightSafety, or Pan Am academies.

Perhaps a better term would be PAY-FOR-JOB. PFJ doesn't have the same ring as PFT though...

g-girl said:
If there is a place that is on par with Gulfstream, it sure is Mesa. They are no better in any way. Those guys, or at least alot of them, shelled out alot more than Gulfstream to work there.

You have got to be kidding me.... You should probably get a clue before posting nonsense like this...

Here we go again....

1.) Only 20-25% of Mesa pilots attended MAPD, and a MUCH smaller number through PACE.

2.) MAPD San Juan college guarantees nothing more than an interview after 2years of completing an AA degree and commercial/instrument ratings..

3.) Other airlines that hire (or have hired) low timers through bridge programs:
-ASA - Used to hire 250 hr peeps who paid FSI a 12000$ screening fee.
-Pinnacle - Still hires gulfstream people
-Commutair - Hires gulfstream people
-Colgan - hires gulfstream people
-Piedmont - is currently hiring UND 250 hr wonders
-Transstates - hires low time parks college people
-Comair, Continental Express, American Eagle, and others Used to be PFT..

g-girl said:

I would never hold anything against a pilot individually for their career choices, I am sure there are great Mesa and Gulfstream guys and gals, (more gals ), but the Mesa people will get a lot more shlt from me. No question.

What's up with that disclaimer.. Sounds a tad contradictory wouldn't you say? Sounds like you have a nasty case of the bitter CFI complex... Get over it sista... Back when I was in your shoes I felt the same way about PFTers, but I had the restraint to not publish assinine and ignorant comments on this forum. (**Don't get me wrong, I've posted plenty of assinine comments!) but none as a direct result of Bitter CFI Complex or Jealosy...

Why don't you apply to Mesa. You never know, they may call you in for an interview if you meet the minimums. Maybe then you will see what we're all about and stop the nonsensical banter about how evil we are.

Posted by Chinaclipper

"you are a bloomin' idjit. Gulfstream is a EA scab run operation and is considered the very worst in Buy A Job programs. Everyone knows it and I wouldn't hire a GulfScab "graduate" to save my own life. Trying to rub your "success" in ANYONES face is a sure sign of your imaturity to complement your lack of quality in career choices. You remind me of Freedumb Air guys whistling past the graveyard thinking they will face no repercussions for jumping over hundreds of other pilots, for a short term gain. The aviation career field is a marathon, not a sprint. I would give a job to a guy who "paid his dues" long before I would give it to a self-centered a$$hole like you. I hope Mommy and Daddy will be around to finance the rest of you life; Grow up. sonny........"

The best worded yet....you the man:)

As for pc-from-texas the d!ckless wonder.......leave. Lurkers suck!! Don't come on these boards gettin' everybody all fired up and then sit back and laugh. If your man enough to post the $hit you did, back it up:mad: :mad: !!

FD75

What is the difference between paying for time in a 1900 at Gulfstream or paying for multi time somewhere else. You are still paying for it. Is it because its a 121 carrier that lets you work for them for a period of time. Most of the people that do the program are not dildos like the guy that started this thread. No matter where you work you cannot please everyone. I have worked at Gulfstream and now Mesa and I know a lot of disgruntled employees at both airlines. Plus I have friends at other airlines that are equally unhappy with their current situation. It may be run by ex EA, but Gulfstream has a union for the permanent employees and they have not crossed any picket lines on a strike so I dont see how it is a true "scab" airline.

Ah, I don't believe Piedmont is hiring any "250hr UND wonders". I know that in the January class, everyone was at least about 2000hrs, and many had significantly more. And as far as new-hire FO's, PDT has about the best contract in the industry (FULL PAY at a semi-high rate, perdeim, and travel bennies from day one, one guy to a two-room hotel suite during training)

And you can hardly call UND PFT. Not that they don't have more than their fair share of spoiled rich kids. But after you get your commercial and CFI, you get PAID to instruct (at a decent pay for living in ND plus health insurance, if you get hired). Isn't that what a commercial certificate is for? To EARN MONEY to fly?

Remember that people...if you are a PROFFESIONAL pilot, and hold a commercial ticket (definetly NOT the same thing), you deserve to get paid to fly, period.

TurboAWD said:
Ah, I don't believe Piedmont is hiring any "250hr UND wonders".

I didn't call UND PFT... I was drawing attention to the fact that there are many bridge programs out there...

I have a friend (UND grad) with about 400 hrs who has an upcoming interview at PDT...

Anyhow, Enjoy the Dash and Semper Fi...

The sound you hear is your chain being jerked.

This is a troll if ther ever was one.

Nice try.

Some did take the bait, though.

--------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, why would someone bash GIA grads?

Remember in "Men in Black" where they refer to the bug alien thing as having a massive insecurity complex coupled with a bad temper?

You have your answer.

GIA bites.

Last edited:
"What is the difference between paying for time in a 1900 at Gulfstream or paying for multi time somewhere else. You are still paying for it."

What ever happened to getting a job to build multi, and GET paid for it?

Latest resources

Back