• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

Chances Steve Chase goes packing?

With the letters that have been put out by this man..it has caused

SWA pilots vs Airtran pilots. Which I don't understand? We should be united not pushed away from each other, but I believe Steve has not helped to UNITE us at all !

Why Steve, are Airtran Pilots paying millions to ALPA and not SWAPA? Our Union guys couldn't come over to Dallas and help close out our contract with Mgt when problems arise?

I hope SWA guys vote you out sir; and vote for unity and the team concept !

SWA pilots vs Airtran pilots. Which I don't understand? We should be united not pushed away from each other, but I believe Steve has not helped to UNITE us at all !

Why Steve, are Airtran Pilots paying millions to ALPA and not SWAPA? Our Union guys couldn't come over to Dallas and help close out our contract with Mgt when problems arise?

Don't AT folks just have to ask for SWAPA representation? Then SWAPA would have to represent you guys...thought you all loved ALPA? That would be great, SWAPA would have to represent your lawsuit too!

Sorry, the only reason sc will be voted out is because he didn't do enough for swapa pilots. He has no duty to unite until the AT side either becomes swa or swapa.

Sorry, the only reason sc will be voted out is because he didn't do enough for swapa pilots. He has no duty to unite until the AT side either becomes swa or swapa.
Actually, he does.

The SIA says that BOTH unions, after DOCC and SOC, will expeditiously file for single carrier with the NMB and a single representational structure.

However, because of all the DR and Grievances pending, neither side seems to be interested in having that happen expeditiously, simply because it would be almost impossible for SWAPA to represent both sides of the ongoing disputes.

Once the dust settles from this, either 6-9 months (with no dispute over jurisdiction) or 12-15 months (a dispute over jurisdiction), then I expect either one side or both to get together and file it.

I do, however, find it vastly amusing that SWA pilots think he "didn't do enough" for you. He got a seniority list and terms dictated to him by management, who crammed it through both pilot groups (not his doing), then went on to make sure that even though you weren't supposed to get all these extra CA seats due to the 717 going away, that the 1/1/15 date gets enforced so that you do "capture" them (his words).

There's not much more the man could have done to hose us to benefit you... what more did you want? I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the term, I liked Kuwitzky better, but I'm just curious what you wanted from him that you didn't get that SWA didn't dictate for him?

Last edited:

This. Why would Chase (or SWAPA) have any duty to pilots that are suing for a better deal? When you are SWAPA pilots then you get all the glory that is our dysfunctional union.

Also I'm continually surprised by how many Air Tran guys think that Chase wrote any of those letters. That was JN and his boys. Chase hasn't written anything in the last two years except his box stuffer asking to be re-elected and that was poorly written in itself.

I will not be voting for Chase or TW.

I do long for the day when this whole thing is behind us, but y'all aren't helping us get there either.

I do, however, find it vastly amusing that SWA pilots think he "didn't do enough" for you. He got a seniority list and terms dictated to him by management, who crammed it through both pilot groups (not his doing), then went on to make sure that even though you weren't supposed to get all these extra CA seats due to the 717 going away, that the 1/1/15 date gets enforced so that you do "capture" them (his words).

There's not much more the man could have done to hose us to benefit you... what more did you want? I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch of the term, I liked Kuwitzky better, but I'm just curious what you wanted from him that you didn't get that SWA didn't dictate for him?

Nice spin....why don't you let the pilots of SWA determine what they think would have been "enough for us"!!! You keep trying to make the case that you guys were treated so poorly and got such a raw deal. Maybe you can sell that to the casual observer, but not to us.

You liked CK....hah....that shows how much you know about what really goes on over here. Why don't you keep to the AT side until you come over and actually learn about our dirty laundry. Have a nice day!

Chase didn't create this mess. If any angry person wants to find one of the guilty parties they only need to look in the mirror. Amazing how people can't seem to take any blame for their actions. Aaahhhh the passive aggressive man at work

Has there ever been a case of a merger/acquisition between two solvent, unionized major airlines flying comparable aircraft types where a pilot group did better than the SW pilots did here (or worse than the AT pilots did)? I don't see what more could possibly have been expected of him.

Chase didn't create this mess. If any angry person wants to find one of the guilty parties they only need to look in the mirror. Amazing how people can't seem to take any blame for their actions. Aaahhhh the passive aggressive man at work

This "mess" lies directly on the shoulders of Mr. Gary Kelly. Everyone else was just a pawn in the game that he wanted to play. Each union was going to swing for the fence (as they should), some pilots were harmed and some were not. Welcome to the world of mergers. Hopefully, he has his fill of integrating employee groups and he will use his remaining energy on getting this product back where it should be.

Latest resources

Back