• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Steve Chase Going?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think there is alot more angst about SC in other areas instead of just saying he could have done more.

Lack of/Poor communication. Pet projects. Increases in the budget. Your either with me or against me leadership. The list goes on and on.

Most of it has nothing to do with the Airtran integration at all. Just my two cents.
Thanks for the answer, I appreciate the straightforward response. From our side of the fence our perspective is skewed regarding SC because of how the seniority list affects us, and we don't hear the internal politics of the other issues, so I was curious, thanks.

I'll be short and sweet...he gave the AT guys our seniority. The only blessed thing we had to get from this deal, and he let our mgt give it away. The month I'm supposed to upgrade in 2028 didn't even change...for crying out loud.
I understand what you're saying, but seriously, and no offense intended, but keeping your time to upgrade almost NEVER happens in a merger/acquisition unless there's tremendous growth after the deal, which is very rare until YEARS later.

Usually BOTH groups have a slight INCREASE in their time to upgrade because people keep their seats in like equipment pretty close to their dates of hire, and there's usually overlapping routes and equipment that isn't wanted so, as a result, there's a shrinking afterwards, which works against upgrade times.

You keeping your time to upgrade unchanged sent OUR time to upgrade from 1-2 years to closer to 12-15 years. I know it's hard for you guys to comprehend right now, but should SWA ever acquire another airline and should that other airline stick to their guns through an arbitration process with M/B in place,,, well, let's just say I hope SWA never acquires another airline that's not in bankruptcy ever, ever again, because we'd NEVER see the left seat.

Ever.

Again, I get what you're saying about being mad about it because it didn't meet your expectations, but it's crazy to think that more was obtainable without completely stapling us, which was one of the two things we were authorized to walk away from the table over, and it would have gone to arbitration.

Last edited:
Lear,

All that really matters is your still junior to me.

In so so so so so................so Many ways.

Now go make me a brisket, you know how daddy likes it.

SMOKED....

Yeah, might get you to come over and check on it for me while I go play "hide the brisket" with your wife. I know how SHE likes it... :D

Guess it's only karma that after throwing gear for me once upon a day, I'll have to throw gear for you one of these years. What was that they always said "Be the F/O you'd want to have when you upgrade...?" Yeah, probably not so much in your case. lol ;)

SWA/FO is voting for TW!

Latest resources

Back