• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the average credit hours/month, and how many days off/month can a lineholder expect to have? Thanks.

Guarantee is 72 avg varies from month to month but probabaly about 76. Lines run from 13-16 and occasionally a 17 or 18 day off line tossed in.

First you go ground school - then SIM - in THAT order.....lol ;)

I'll elaborate a little more on Shrek's insight...

Pay during training is $1000/mo plus $750/mo per diem; I know, it hurts, but tough it up, you're getting an A320 type. Pay goes to normal contract wage at completion of OE.

Good news is they are trying to get everyone through from Day 1 to OE completion in 6 weeks. Didn't work out for us in January (no hotel rooms for 12 days--Super Bowl); I'll be exactly 2 months from start to finish OE. But hey, I got a 12 day vacation after a month with the company, so I'll make lemonade out of it.

8 days of std 121 indoc, followed IMMEDIATELY by 8 days of systems (immediately--expect one day off at a time until you get to the sim). The systems class is shortened (by what I was used to, anyway) because the training dept. made a pretty darned good powerpoint disc for it; if you get the job, they'll provide it (along with all other manuals on disc and cockpit posters) before you show up. The pp disc should become your Bible for the next few weeks; that's pretty much the depth of the oral. If you don't look at it before you show up, good luck to ya. Class is divided everyday, as everyone will go to SITs (systems-integrated training) in an FTD (pretty lights and neat sounds--you'll like it Shrek). Helps a lot for understanding systems.

Oral is next; very straightforward, no surprises. Heck, my DE even brought me a cup of coffee from Dunkin'.

6 PTs in the FTD (basically non-motion sim); invaluable for procedures, profiles, callouts, etc. Really primes you for the full-motion.

Full-motion sim in MIA at Airbus facility. 6 sessions, rating ride, LOFT last. So far, so good.

Training dept. is changing quite a bit of stuff as far as curriculum, manuals, checklists, etc. My training was different than the Oct06 bunch, and yours may be different than mine. Good news is they have a pretty good product now, and I'd expect it to only get better. You will be taught what you need to know. The only downside I've noticed is instructor standardization is sometimes an issue (small but noticeable). Typical for a training dept. in the process of changes; they are aware of them and are working to get everyone on the same page.

Show up with a good attitude, use your little time off wisely, and I'll see you on line in no time. As a side-note, I have been treated a thousand times better than I ever was at a regional (rental cars, positive space wherever I wanted to go during my "vacation", etc.). QOL is a good thing.

See you when you get here; hurry up, I don't want reserve too long ;).

gator

I'll elaborate a little more on Shrek's insight...

Pay during training is $1000/mo plus $750/mo per diem; I know, it hurts, but tough it up, you're getting an A320 type. Pay goes to normal contract wage at completion of OE.

Good news is they are trying to get everyone through from Day 1 to OE completion in 6 weeks. Didn't work out for us in January (no hotel rooms for 12 days--Super Bowl); I'll be exactly 2 months from start to finish OE. But hey, I got a 12 day vacation after a month with the company, so I'll make lemonade out of it.

8 days of std 121 indoc, followed IMMEDIATELY by 8 days of systems (immediately--expect one day off at a time until you get to the sim). The systems class is shortened (by what I was used to, anyway) because the training dept. made a pretty darned good powerpoint disc for it; if you get the job, they'll provide it (along with all other manuals on disc and cockpit posters) before you show up. The pp disc should become your Bible for the next few weeks; that's pretty much the depth of the oral. If you don't look at it before you show up, good luck to ya. Class is divided everyday, as everyone will go to SITs (systems-integrated training) in an FTD (pretty lights and neat sounds--you'll like it Shrek). Helps a lot for understanding systems.

Oral is next; very straightforward, no surprises. Heck, my DE even brought me a cup of coffee from Dunkin'.

6 PTs in the FTD (basically non-motion sim); invaluable for procedures, profiles, callouts, etc. Really primes you for the full-motion.

Full-motion sim in MIA at Airbus facility. 6 sessions, rating ride, LOFT last. So far, so good.

Training dept. is changing quite a bit of stuff as far as curriculum, manuals, checklists, etc. My training was different than the Oct06 bunch, and yours may be different than mine. Good news is they have a pretty good product now, and I'd expect it to only get better. You will be taught what you need to know. The only downside I've noticed is instructor standardization is sometimes an issue (small but noticeable). Typical for a training dept. in the process of changes; they are aware of them and are working to get everyone on the same page.

Show up with a good attitude, use your little time off wisely, and I'll see you on line in no time. As a side-note, I have been treated a thousand times better than I ever was at a regional (rental cars, positive space wherever I wanted to go during my "vacation", etc.). QOL is a good thing.

See you when you get here; hurry up, I don't want reserve too long ;).

gator

hi gator,
1)any news on any future interviews dates
2)any updates on amount of aircraft for 2007?
thanks.
120 hours to go to reach 2500 hrs :)

hi gator,
1)any news on any future interviews dates
2)any updates on amount of aircraft for 2007?
thanks.
120 hours to go to reach 2500 hrs :)

here goes:

1) haven't been around miramar since last month, so I don't have much for ya there. I do know that the indications were to continue hiring throughout the year, so I would guess the inteviews will continue.

2) above my payscale and seniority number of any importance. the 30 more are supposed to be here between 2009 and 2013, so your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen until then. I'm not a bettin' man, but if I was, I'd put money on it that we'll take 'em sooner. Why else would they say they'll be interviewing "for the foreseeable future" (quoting CP)?

no go get your @ss in that san antonio sewerpipe and get some hours...

gator

Gatorbird,

Appreciate all the info you've been posting about Spirit! One more quick one for ya -- is it true that you're only chance of a call is through an internal rec? I've had my app on file for around a year now, and nada. ...just trying to get back home to MI! :)

Latest resources

Back