Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is it true or just a wind-up

It's funny,,, until it's not.

Amusingly enough, this was one of the things during negotiations that we got a verbal promise on with a desk letter to follow. To-date, it's the ONLY desk letter than hasn't been drafted and sent to us of those verbal promises.

That said, not a single guy has had to pay for his training over there, whether they had to get the dreaded "SIC ONLY" type or not. It will be interesting to see what happens when the first OFNSRAT (Official F*cking No Sh*t Real AirTran) pilot (Offensive RAT) off the 717 holds a 737 CA bid after 1/1/15 and doesn't have the type.

SWA doesn't have an APD program with type authorization and nothing in the CBA requires the pilot to go get a type rating. If such a clause were put in, SWAPA would be risking a DFR suit so I don't see that changing.

Other than poking fun at the AAI pilots getting hosed repeatedly, I found it amusing myself. Especially the running to the next gate thing... :) If you can't laugh at yourself, you really need to look into a de-stressing hobby.

It's funny,,, until it's not.

Amusingly enough, this was one of the things during negotiations that we got a verbal promise on with a desk letter to follow. To-date, it's the ONLY desk letter than hasn't been drafted and sent to us of those verbal promises.

That said, not a single guy has had to pay for his training over there, whether they had to get the dreaded "SIC ONLY" type or not. It will be interesting to see what happens when the first OFNSRAT (Official F*cking No Sh*t Real AirTran) pilot (Offensive RAT) off the 717 holds a 737 CA bid after 1/1/15 and doesn't have the type.

SWA doesn't have an APD program with type authorization and nothing in the CBA requires the pilot to go get a type rating. If such a clause were put in, SWAPA would be risking a DFR suit so I don't see that changing.

Other than poking fun at the AAI pilots getting hosed repeatedly, I found it amusing myself. Especially the running to the next gate thing... :) If you can't laugh at yourself, you really need to look into a de-stressing hobby.

Once again you do not have clue of what you are talking about.

I wonder how many actually believe the stuff you put out.

So lear, Did SWA make the Morris pilots pay for there type rating?

Once again you do not have clue of what you are talking about.
So tell me about your FULL APD authority at SWA to give INITIAL type ratings on the 737. I was told there was no such program, but tell us about it.

And while you're at it, since you BOLD typed the bit about it being required in the CBA that a pilot pay for their type, where is that?

So lear, Did SWA make the Morris pilots pay for there type rating?
Their.

And No, as far as I know, but did SWA require the type from new-hire applicants back then? Have no clue, I wasn't paying that much attention to SWA at the time.

Last edited:
So tell me about your FULL APD authority at SWA to give INITIAL type ratings on the 737. I was told there was no such program, but tell us about it.

And while you're at it, since you BOLD typed the bit about it being required in the CBA that a pilot pay for their type, where is that?

Their.

And No, as far as I know, but did SWA require the type from everyone back then? Have no clue, I wasn't applying there at the time, my apps were in with UAL, DAL, and CAL.

I hope you still have an app in with DAL. You may upgrade faster that way. Paywise it might be a hit for a year or two, but then all is good. Get in at the beginning of the wave, and life could be really good for you. But, you might have to wear a double breasted jacket and a hat.....I hope you and PCL try for it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I hope you still have an app in with DAL. You may upgrade faster that way. Paywise it might be a hit for a year or two, but then all is good. Get in at the beginning of the wave, and life could be really good for you. But, you might have to wear a double breasted jacket and a hat.....I hope you and PCL try for it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No one at DAL HAS to wear the hat. I often see quite a few guys/gals walking thru the terminal with the hats on the rollaboards. It's obviously optional.

Their.

And No, as far as I know, but did SWA require the type from new-hire applicants back then? Have no clue, I wasn't paying that much attention to SWA at the time.

First

Thanks for correcting my there use

Second Why did you edit the part where you said you did not have an app in at SWA just UAL, CAL and DAL. ( Looks like you are trying to hide something by removing that part? I noticed GL caught it. )

Third yes the type was required back then.

Latest resources

Back