• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Newhire questions..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot will depend on how many are hired behind you, and what the Trannies wind up bidding. (Seems like most of them will bid East coast bases though) It took me 10 months to hold DAL, but that was back when we were hiring a lot. What I did was bid the bases with the fewest commuters, thus best chance of giving away trips, so I could pick up out of DAL. After the Wright Amd. is gone DAL will grow a lot, and won't be so rediculously senior. Good luck!

Back to the commute. I did DFW to OAK that last year I was with ATA. AMR was only flying MD80s that were very full. JS sucks in an 80 for that long. I 2-legged it most every time. HP/US through PHX or LAS then WN to OAK. Occasionally, I flew into SFO and rode BART around. Don't forget Virgin from DFW-SFO. Didn't have that 3 years ago. BART isn't bad, but a bit of a freak show east of the Embarcadero. Bus runs from BART station NS to the terminal. A couple of the crash-pad/hotels are walking distance from the station, but don't do it after dark.

I usually got in from my trips late, and I didn't want to spend another night, so I would ride CO through IAH on the redeye or, HP/US through LAS when they were doing it.

Bid "AMs" if/when you get there.

Latest resources

Back