Southwest Newhire questions..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a Flame

FYI. ALL pilots called in for the interview earlier this year already had their types. I imagine it will be the same this time around. Good luck. It's worth it.

I understand what you are saying, but can anybody chime in on the feeling of dropping $7K on a type rating only to be told no thanks?

I would love to work at SWA, but spending that type of money, only to feel as if it was wasted is kind of gut wrenching, especially when I am trying to provide for a family.

If I was offered a position in class I wouldn't hesitate to get the type, but it feels like putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
Wow, a bargain...only $5K to buy an interview.

Worked for me 12 years ago... Been enjoying the ride since then.

(actually feels like a smart move if the alternative is hanging around Flightinfo for years spewing SWA-hatred)

Last edited:
So predictable...point out a negative FACT about SWA and you're a HATER.

You guys really need to get over yourselves.

Fudge,

A SWA thread about getting hired (no SLI and no AK mention) with 13 post and you already have 4 posts? Dude!? How hard is it to get on with AK? I heard you have to a be a hometown boy...is that true? Sounds hard...

shootr

So predictable...point out a negative FACT about SWA and you're a HATER.

You guys really need to get over yourselves.
Seems like you're kind of a hater anyways. Don't come on here much, but aren't you the guy that's always fighting with the Virgin crowd too?

FYI. ALL pilots called in for the interview earlier this year already had their types. I imagine it will be the same this time around. Good luck. It's worth it.

In the past, around 2008 or so if I remember correctly, you could apply and get hired contingent upon getting the 737 type in "x" amount of time prior to start date. The way I'm reading it now are they only looking for guys that already have the type possibly just to have some quick classes. Is that correct?

How hard is it to get on with AK? I heard you have to a be a hometown boy...is that true? Sounds hard...

Obviously too hard for you. Personally, I was based in NGU when I got hired. So much for that theory...

Seems like you're kind of a hater anyways.

Not really. I just can't stomach arrogance. Particularly when it comes from non-Union scum willing to undercut my contract.

At least the SWAPA boys are RAISING the bar for the rest of us. Of course, that raise is costing a bunch of AAI guys their seniority...

Not one answer to the original question...

DAL is very senior so most newbies will be commuting to OAK. WIth additional hiring, LAS, HOU, PHX or MDW in relatively short order. No hiring=OAK reserve for way too long...

Two legs to OAK most likely. No sugar coating it, commuting to OAK sucks if you live on the east side.

Latest resources

Back