Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

So is anyone going to see United 93 Movie??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
I'm not sure why they made a movie out of it. TLC, Discovery channel and everybody else has done a recreation and very good ones at that.

It's been hashed, hashed and rehashed by news channels.

Is there a twist that they are throwing in that I don't know about

The quicker it all goes away, the better.

I can't even stand to watch the commecials for it anymore.

User997 said:
The quicker it all goes away, the better.

I can't even stand to watch the commecials for it anymore.

I disagree. I think 9-11 needs to be thrown in the face of many Americans. Too many have forgotten already, especially those outside of NY and DC.

It's not really throwing it in the face of anyone if you require them to become aware of the movie, travel to a movie theatre, and then pay $10 a seat to view the film in a semi-private setting. I suspect this movie will do mediocre in the theatre and then quickly transit to DVD. I can't imagine the family of four travelling to see Flight 93, that said I would love to see the market research for the film. I would have certainly gone to see it if I hadn't already seen several other docu-dramas that I believe are well done.

Last edited:
It's all part of the process.

Diesel said:
Is there a twist that they are throwing in that I don't know about

Generally speaking, what happened on Sept 11th has been compared to Pearl Harbor.

The legacies of the people on Flight 93 have begun the process of being inducted into the American collective identity.

And what's more American than making a movie about it? How about making money from it?

I guarantee you, the producers wouldn't have made this movie if they didn't think they could make a profit.

Slice121 said:
I disagree. I think 9-11 needs to be thrown in the face of many Americans. Too many have forgotten already, especially those outside of NY and DC.
And I respectfully disagree with you as well. I think we've all had it thrown in our faces enough in the past 4+ years, and its time we move on.

Thats the problem with people and the media now a days - they refuse to move on. Heal your wounds, and go back to living life.

Let it go. If you want to be reminded about it everyday, join the military and help do something about it like many of us already have. Want to see my tshirt?

FEDS IGNORED FLIGHT SCHOOL'S 9/11 ALERT
AP

March 23, 2006 -- ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The manager of the Arizona flight school that trained the 9/11 hijacker who crashed into the Pentagon testified yesterday that she called the Federal Aviation Administration with concerns over his qualifications for a pilot's license - but was dismissed by an FAA official.

Margaret Chevrette made the claim at the death-penalty trial of Zacarias Moussaoui, a confessed al Qaeda terrorist.

It was the second time this week jurors heard that federal officials responded either slowly or not at all to warnings about terror.

Chevrette said that the student, Hani Hanjour, lacked adequate English skills to gain his pilot's license. An FAA official responded to her concerns by suggesting that Hanjour could use an interpreter - even though mastery of English is a requirement for a pilot.

Chevrette said that when she heard about the 9/11 attacks, she knew Hanjour must have been involved.

"I remember crying all the way to work, knowing our company helped to do this," she said.

Prosecutors in Moussaoui's trial were presenting testimony about the hijackers' training to show parallels between Moussaoui's flight training and that of other hijackers.

Will this part be in the movie? :eek:

Latest resources

Back