• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYWEST Pilots: SAY NO TO ALPA!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do we need an ALPA lawyer or representative?..........Even with an ALPA lawyer you still run the risk of losing your case!

I'm not pro ALPA, believe me. However, in the case of a lawyer and a union, I look at it this way: If Alex Burdette can keep his job after the crap he pulled, you can get away with anything here. Not that I would do anything intentionally like he did.

I'm not pro ALPA, believe me. However, in the case of a lawyer and a union, I look at it this way: If Alex Burdette can keep his job after the crap he pulled, you can get away with anything here. Not that I would do anything intentionally like he did.

What did he do? Do tell, send me a PM if you have to!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ALPA is nothing more than YOU. If your pilot group is a bunch of self serving unethical losers, your union will reflect that condition.

If your fellow pilots are loyal, hardworking, and decent; likewise your union will reflect that.

The biggest problem I see in ALPA is the amount of APATHETIC whiners who carp and complain about ALPA. They happen to be the same lot that never volunteer, never show up for an LEC meeting and never do anything to help a fellow pilot. OBTW, they are always the first to call their rep when they get their behind in a crack.

If your management is employee friendly, and you have a good group of elected union leaders, you will find that your life is quite good. That's a round about way of saying that management sets the tone for employee relations. If your management thinks that people are nothing more than cost units, there is nothing ALPA can do to change them. What ALPA can do is prevent a adversarial manager from arbitrarily ending your career.

To be blunt, ALPA will provide you benefits worth far in excess of the 1.9% you pay in dues, regardless of the relation you have with your present managment.

I think that the last five years have proven that pilots are willing to meet management more than half way as we attempt to save our careers. Yet the career is still on life support. That's another round about way of speaking. yes, Calvin likes to speak in circles. Maybe I should just say...the COMPANY is the enemy, not your fellow pilots.

:) with ALPA

If there is such a drive for a union, why not have an in house union that has the best interest for its own pilot group and company. As far as SAPA, I am not sure if they have any bargaining power. Look, if Southwest had ALPA, do you think they would be a success today? Just a question for you serious ALPA woodies out there. I mean I don't really care either way.

If there is such a drive for a union, why not have an in house union that has the best interest for its own pilot group and company. As far as SAPA, I am not sure if they have any bargaining power. Look, if Southwest had ALPA, do you think they would be a success today? Just a question for you serious ALPA woodies out there. I mean I don't really care either way.

Because in order for an in-house union to provide all the services that ALPA does, dues would need to be much higher to make up for the relatively low salaries of regional pilots. It works for Southwest because they make several times what the average SkyWest pilot makes. I guess if the SkyWest pilots were happy paying 6-8% dues then it might work.

Plus, didn't SkyWest try a in-house union drive a few years ago which failed?

What are the skywest pilots going to do about bankruptcy laws?
What are Skywest pilots going to do about globlization and brand alliances?

Skywest pilots: The world is not Salt Lake City or St. George. At some point you will have to deal with what is coming over the horizon. Things may be fine now, but what do you want to be in five years?

What an ignorant rant! Who pissed in your wheaties this morning? 100s of guys leaving ASA to go to SKYW huh. Don't think so. There is a good amount going but it's not in the 100s.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Apparently the last class wwas almost 100% asa...that's not 100 pilots, but it's in the ballpark.

Last class was 7 ASA. The curent class is 3. The 4-6 more could not come do to ASA staffing needs. That is what I heard.

Latest resources

Back