Skywest May classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
human said:
life on reserve is slow. averaged about 4-7 days working a month in fat.

about the same at LAX.....It's a beautiful thing.....:pimp: the hardest month i've worked was this month....14 days....5 of them were on my days off.....good ********************

Skywest people, help me out.
I need to decide if I should make a lateral move from a different regional.(line FO)
Pros & Cons?

qwertyui said:
Skywest people, help me out.
I need to decide if I should make a lateral move from a different regional.(line FO)
Pros & Cons?

Depends,

If you are working somewhere where there is no growth & the possibility of losing flying then maybe. (such as Pinnacle, Mesaba or Coex). If you work for a good regional (Horizon) and don't commute then I'd stay.

Will you be commuting? If so & you have a family then STAY WHERE YOU ARE! Unless your willing to move or you will go back on reserve.

If you do decide to come and they call you and say, "we have an EMB class, or you can wait for an RJ newhire class" do yourself a favor, TAKE THE EMB!!! The pay is the same (1st year), you'll get a line faster = better QOL.

Good Luck

No family. Not worried about commuting but got spoiled on the RJ + good work environment, schdeule and benefits. Yes, future is uncertain here, but is Skywest any better?

which company do you currently work for? and how long have you been there?

Hello, I dont have much to say, but If you come here all your wildest dreams will come true!

If we are getting more jets, BRO guys will hold a line faster.

What are the new hire reserve schedules like? # days on and # days off? Interviewing with SkyWest in April and just wondering about QOL on reserve as well. Any info is appreciated.

Reserve is 10 days off...usually 5 on 2 off, sometimes 4 on 3 off. QOL on reserve for FOs is pretty good, don't get used much. 1 month I never got called once to fly.

Latest resources

Back